Polling Card Fiasco

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I've been to vote. done my civic duty. never received any election material from the man in the loud suits. Some rude individual demanded my polling number on the way in demanded my polling numbe

The only way this can be sorted out is by increasing the salary and pension of those people responsible, give them a new job title too (or alternatively just MARS and retire them). Then try and employ

Well you are always being told.

So in the post today arrived Lawrie Hooper's final reminder to vote for him. Anyway it lists the voting stations for north and south Ramsey as the original way the government had them before the 'computer error' was discovered. 2 elections ago when I last voted my voting station was also the one listed before the computer error so now I'm really confused.

I was the Methodist hall and now I am St Pauls hall.

If I go to the wrong one it's a 2 minute walk between them

The actual effect (in this case) is not too significant, but this is a serious cock-up. It's not rocvket science allocating voters to addresses to polling districts.

You're just too easy going and a bit of a Government apologist Mr Rhumsaa. You're not Notwell's lovechild or something are you?

The actual effect (in this case) is not too significant, but this is a serious cock-up. It's not rocvket science allocating voters to addresses to polling districts.

You're just too easy going and a bit of a Government apologist Mr Rhumsaa. You're not Notwell's lovechild or something are you?

Maybe I am too easy going

I just can't get outraged about simple errors that happen when human beings are involved, especially when they are corrected.

It's a polling card mix up not the Dick Corkhill scandal.

• Like 1

Maybe I am too easy going

I'm the same.

http://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/advocates-concern-over-disenfranchised-voters/

could have been more polling cards if people were less disenfranchised

not the best photo of John

No, apparently they didn't have an up to date stock photo. They captured that as I left MR on Sunday. Good for CCTV.

• Like 2

Well I've been to vote. done my civic duty. never received any election material from the man in the loud suits. Some rude individual demanded my polling number on the way in demanded my polling number. I reminded him that it is an offence to interfere with a voter on entry to the polling station and asking for that info constitutes interfering. I know I'm a bundle of laughs (NOT) and would be the dinner guest to bore all dinner guests.

I wont reveal who I voted for or even whether I voted or if I wrote rude things all over the ballot paper.

• Like 5

Well I've been to vote. done my civic duty. never received any election material from the man in the loud suits. Some rude individual demanded my polling number on the way in demanded my polling number. I reminded him that it is an offence to interfere with a voter on entry to the polling station and asking for that info constitutes interfering. I know I'm a bundle of laughs (NOT) and would be the dinner guest to bore all dinner guests.

I wont reveal who I voted for or even whether I voted or if I wrote rude things all over the ballot paper.

Yes I do think that all the people stood around the entrance to these things make it all a bit of an overwhelming experience at times

• Like 1

Yes I do think that all the people stood around the entrance to these things make it all a bit of an overwhelming experience at times

Agree, I tend to glare, keep quiet or lash out if anyone approaches when I visit the polling station, local shop, at work or visiting my mum.

• Like 1

Having seen who my original first choice candidate had at the front door this morning canvassing on their behalf I changed my mind....

Some people find that quite intimidating and as such avoid the process.

Agree with JW's principle of telling them where to get off , these opportunist buggers hovering around the doors of polling stations should be given the bums rush of the premises.

• Like 2