Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
TheTeapot

Results night megathread

Interestingly Phillips has more votes that the winners in Douglas South and Onchan.

• Like 2

How did you get this I only heard a Norman Collier impersonation from our great Station for the Nation......w00t.gif

Iom today.

Seems Manx Radio aren't even reading that.

• Like 1

If the exit polls are correct then the chief ministers vote is going to be interesting. Will they be able to elect one in the first sitting...

I heard a couple of weeks ago that the general feeling of those in the know is no. The CM won't be decided for some time. The exact reasons why will be plain to see come midnight although most of us have a fair idea right now. It is sickening that AB is offering to stick around to kindly help out until the new CM is appointed. Just go!
Don't be stupid.
She's not wrong I've heard the same thing on the old grape vine

I actually meant that it would be stupid not to have Mr Bell hang on for a while and use his vast experience.

How can that be a bad thing when lots of the new intake will be green, to say the least.

Ayre and Michael results: Alf Cannan is returned and will be joined by Tim Baker in the House of Keys.

The exit poll victory of Phillips the younger was a crock then.
You have to feel for the cabinet office that they couldn't get their man in after they went to the trouble of getting the guardian to interview him and all.
  • Like 3

Now a twat from the Chamber of Commerce who represent about 3% of businesses in the Isle of Man waffling back.... bring back Amy I say. devil.gif

Gawne is going to get back in, there's a recount going on. Sorry folks.

Let's hope nobody set fire to a pile of votes...

• Like 2

If the exit polls are correct then the chief ministers vote is going to be interesting. Will they be able to elect one in the first sitting...

I heard a couple of weeks ago that the general feeling of those in the know is no. The CM won't be decided for some time. The exact reasons why will be plain to see come midnight although most of us have a fair idea right now. It is sickening that AB is offering to stick around to kindly help out until the new CM is appointed. Just go!
Don't be stupid.
She's not wrong I've heard the same thing on the old grape vine
I actually meant that it would be stupid not to have Mr Bell hang on for a while and use his vast experience.

How can that be a bad thing when lots of the new intake will be green, to say the least.

AB will be missed when he is gone.

Very limited options to replace him

• Like 3

Great news for the Civil Service, who will now be running the nation for the next 5 years

Try ringing one of them up when you want something sorting out

• Like 1