Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
ManxTaxPayer

Howard Quayle is our next chief minister

"Members of Tynwald have backed Howard Quayle to become the island’s next chief minister.

He got 12 Keys votes and every vote from the Leglislative Council.

The new Chief Minister is due to give a press conference this afternoon. It is expected he will announced his ministerial line-up later this week. He has said in his manifesto that he not appoint any MLCs as Ministers.

Mr Quayle’s backers were: Alex Allinson, David Ashford, Tim Baker, Geoffrey Boot, Ann Corlett, Graham Cregeen, Ray Harmer, Bill Malarkey, Jason Moorhouse, Howard Quayle, Laurence Skelly and Juan Watterson.

Mr Cannan’s backers were: Clare Bettison, Daphne Caine, Rob Callister, Alfred Cannan, Ralph Peake, Martyn Perkins, Chris Robertshaw, Bill Shimmins and Chris Thomas.

Kate Beecroft attracted votes only from the three Liberal Vannin members, Julie Edge, Lawrie Hooper and herself. "

Etc, etc.....

I dont know why Beecroft stood. She wasn't ever getting in and all it did was dilute the vote for Cannan.

• Like 10

"Members of Tynwald have backed Howard Quayle to become the island’s next chief minister.

The new Chief Minister is due to give a press conference this afternoon. It is expected he will announced his ministerial line-up later this week. He has said in his manifesto that he not appoint any MLCs as Ministers.

Mr Quayle’s backers were: Alex Allinson, David Ashford, Tim Baker, Geoffrey Boot, Ann Corlett, Graham Cregeen, Ray Harmer, Bill Malarkey, Jason Moorhouse, Howard Quayle, Laurence Skelly and Juan Watterson.

Mr Cannan’s backers were: Clare Bettison, Daphne Caine, Rob Callister, Alfred Cannan, Ralph Peake, Martyn Perkins, Chris Robertshaw, Bill Shimmins and Chris Thomas.

Kate Beecroft attracted votes only from the three Liberal Vannin members, Julie Edge, Lawrie Hooper and herself. "

Etc, etc.....

Disgraceful from my two members in Arbory, Castletown and Malew neither of whom I voted for.

• Like 1

Etc, etc.....

Disgraceful from my two members in Arbory, Castletown and Malew neither of whom I voted for.

I did vote for one of them but when I next meet them I will be bending their ears ! idiots !!!

He's not my Chief Minister. I flat out reject his legitimacy.

From what I can gather...he doesn't give a shit whether you recognise it or not

• Like 3

He's not my Chief Minister. I flat out reject his legitimacy.

From what I can gather...he doesn't give a shit whether you recognise it or not

Good. Hopefully he'll get really bad constipation and have to resign.

Wow! Just when you thought this island's political system couldn't get any worse.

However, the rushed nature of the process, the weak support for the CM in the Keys, and the lack of support for him in country suggest an unstable and possibly short lived period in charge.

• Like 2

I dont know why Beecroft stood. She wasn't ever getting in and all it did was dilute the vote for Cannan.

She should be congratulated for standing.

• Like 1

Some of the turkey's heard Christmas was coming and voted accordingly. The status quo is maintained. Last one out turn off the lights.

• Like 6

Last one out turn off the lights.

That hackneyed trope should definitely be retired. The lights aren't going out.

• Like 1

She should be congratulated for standing.

So should Alf Cannan, and for gaining the majority of support. As far as I'm concerned, he's the real Chief Minister of the Isle of Man Government in exile........ Howard Quayle is a pretender and his government is null and void.