Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
ManxTaxPayer

Howard Quayle is our next chief minister

brexit at the moment is so nebulus yet, and will be for a long time. except of course it is very, very real.

it's a good thing i'm not cm, otherwise i'd be jetting all over the place, especially when things gét boring or tough at home!!

chief has started the wäy he intends to continue, i suggest.

who can blame ĥim!!

Edited by Barlow Strada

Ah right. So we'll ignore it then. Sigh

Nah, that's a bit rash, isn't it? The speculation afoot right now has little bearing on the eventual outcome. Anticipation of what that may be isn't a bad thing but until anything's actually official ...

When Howard suprised himself and became an MHK, all his mind could think of was that the Government should invest in gold. It was the only thing he seemed able to talk about that had the slightest relation to politics. He even motioned Tynwald to invest in gold (fortunately the rest of them weren't so convinced).

When he was Health Minister, apart from possibly thinking "how the hell have I landed here, I only wanted to strut around the place and do the TYnwald Hill thing and stuff". And he goes off to find what others are doing and takes a chief numpty with him, who is 'on-side' because he got him the job in the first place (that seems to be how a lot of these appointments work - employ a numpty who will be gratyeful and you should be able to manipulate them and have them fully in your control until the golden handcuffs are released)

Now he is CM all he can think of is what everyone has been talking about, this Brexit thingy. So he does a trip to Brussels with lackys and leftovers.

This is Howard we are talking about here.

Oh FFS get over it. He's CM - you dont like it. There's bugger all you can do about it so move on for christs sake. It's just boring.

Oh FFS get over it. He's CM - you dont like it. There's bugger all you can do about it so move on for christs sake. It's just boring.

How's about finding and posting summat new to squabble over then?

How's about finding and posting summat new to squabble over then?

Fair comment. It's a bit dire on here to be honest post election. I think it's proof that most of the trolls and the sock puppets seem to move in during the run up to the election mainly to discredit and slag off candidates because they've actually for something to gain from trying to undermine their chances of getting in and then when it's all over they trot off again with their tails between their legs because their attempts to discredit a candidate haven't worked and people like Quayle (for example) got in anyway. It's boring for them to expect to be able to continue that as its too soon for those who got in to fuck up in any major way yet. It just becomes pointless moaning. Best to move on. It does show to me though that a considerable amount of people hiding behind these accounts are a lot more connected to local politics than you might actually assume.

On a positive note, and it has to be said, Billy Malarkey deserves some credit (apologies to notty) for moving forward with the old fight club at the Pinewood. All hands on deck down there today getting the locals involved in its preparations. I didn't think it would come to fruition and cynically believed it to be one of his electioneering stunts.

So er, good on him.

I see where you are coming from. But there is no way people who are so inept should be just given a free rein/reign.

I wouldn't mind if our Government/government said "oh we're a bit shit but we're trying our best for the Isle of Man" or something, but it is the crass pomposity and smug attitude that make me sick.

For too long I have come across cover-up after fuck-up after after cover-up after fuck-up. Something has got to change. And all the time the higher echelons of the manx machine are rolling and gloating in it all.

But aye, you're right, I have to agree, moaning won't change it.

I see where you are coming from. But there is no way people who are so inept should be just given a free rein/reign.

I wouldn't mind if our Government/government said "oh we're a bit shit but we're trying our best for the Isle of Man" or something, but it is the crass pomposity and smug attitude that make me sick.

For too long I have come across cover-up after fuck-up after after cover-up after fuck-up. Something has got to change. And all the time the higher echelons of the manx machine are rolling and gloating in it all.

No change? But collective responsibility has already gone, there's been other concessions, and no Legco members have ended up on departments. That's largely good in 2 weeks. As I said it's too soon to gauge whether there have been any fuck ups YET. More specifically I've yet to see fuck up after fuck up by the new administration as its only been in place for a week or so. If Thomas is looking at policy and reform we may well see other incremental changes in the right direction.

Fair enough. However I must say that I do not think Howard Quayle has the resources let alone the capability to implement collective responsibility. Within months the Council of Ministers would end up as just Him, Ashford, Malarkey and Cregeen. And maybe a handful of fresh fresh newbies.

So give us examples of cover ups and fuck ups to back up your view (and I don't mean you missing out on some sort of contract) .

Give us hard and fast examples.