Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
ManxTaxPayer

Howard Quayle is our next chief minister

I strongly doubt that Cannan had any support in Legco, but he clearly had the best public support in the polls.

There have not been any proper polls. Online surveys and community radio phone-ins are meaningless since they are self selecting.

Sincerely,

Tamasin Wedgwood

Marcia Brabbs

- on behalf of all the families who came forward

I fretted about posting this, but as you can see I decided to.

I should also say that I have seen children’s social work first hand (not saying how) and I know some people in health and social care.

My problem is with Speak The Truth / Marcia Brabbs because she is really dodgy. There are similarities with what is being said on the Bless this House / Living Hope topic.

In many ways she acts like an abuser herself – she is on different occasions wheedling, aggressive, bullying, manipulative, flirtatious, provocative, lying, self-righteous and ‘the victim’. Poor old Tam Wedgwood is like a Chihuahua in her wake and can be ignored.

The main aim of Marcia Brabbs is to have a war with social services – not for any families involved in their work – but for her own reasons which she doesn’t tell anyone. She uses the classic propaganda approach – tell a big lie and then stand back while the slandered person or organisation struggles to answer it. I can see that politicians like Karran (remember him?) and others rally to her cause, but they don’t know what it is really about – like some posters on the forums, they just shout, ‘there must be something wrong!’ She is enjoying herself, not helping others.

Some forum members have spotted the trap – think who loses if she wins – the children. Social services can receive alerts from families, exes, schools, GPs, the hospital and others and the law says that they must protect the kids. The adults kicking off may well be abusers, and Brabbs is trying to get social services to back off. Her base is at Broadway Baptist Church – so more middle class happy clappy types with sandals and agendas (no doubt they will heal or exorcise all gays) based on the sanctity of family life. Keep the state out of that.

But, and this is a big but, I can guarantee that some children on this Island are being neglected every day, some are being hurt and beaten and some are being sexually abused and raped. Brabbs and her mates will make that easier and more frequent. See through her folks for what she is. Is her own family’s past squeaky clean?

Social services know that they can be better. They deal with horrible situations and nasty people (including Brabbs) every day of their working lives. We should try to support them and not pull them down. In Scotland, they coined a simple phrase about children – it’s everyone’s job to make sure I’m safe. That includes you and me.

• Like 1

I'm with HQ on this one. Often (not always) with these sort of complaints you're dealing with manipulative alcy's, abusive parents, or kiddy fiddlers throwing the abuse and the accusations around about social services to deflect from their failings. They are not reliable witnesses if anything ever goes to court, and there are a whole load of problems in even relying on statements they might make surrounding their alleged treatment by social services. The only way these situations can be properly settled is in Court where they're either going to be blown out because some piss head parent can't make reliable statements about what happened as their recollection is clearly impaired, or maintained if it appears there is a genuine case for the action. In between it's just noise. I also think some people seem to think that if they shout loud enough and throw enough shit around other people might actually start believing they aren't actually manipulative shit parents and feel sorry for them.

• Like 1

Sincerely,

Tamasin Wedgwood

Marcia Brabbs

- on behalf of all the families who came forward

I fretted about posting this, but as you can see I decided to.

I should also say that I have seen childrens social work first hand (not saying how) and I know some people in health and social care.

My problem is with Speak The Truth / Marcia Brabbs because she is really dodgy. There are similarities with what is being said on the Bless this House / Living Hope topic.

In many ways she acts like an abuser herself she is on different occasions wheedling, aggressive, bullying, manipulative, flirtatious, provocative, lying, self-righteous and the victim. Poor old Tam Wedgwood is like a Chihuahua in her wake and can be ignored.

The main aim of Marcia Brabbs is to have a war with social services not for any families involved in their work but for her own reasons which she doesnt tell anyone. She uses the classic propaganda approach tell a big lie and then stand back while the slandered person or organisation struggles to answer it. I can see that politicians like Karran (remember him?) and others rally to her cause, but they dont know what it is really about like some posters on the forums, they just shout, there must be something wrong! She is enjoying herself, not helping others.

Some forum members have spotted the trap think who loses if she wins the children. Social services can receive alerts from families, exes, schools, GPs, the hospital and others and the law says that they must protect the kids. The adults kicking off may well be abusers, and Brabbs is trying to get social services to back off. Her base is at Broadway Baptist Church so more middle class happy clappy types with sandals and agendas (no doubt they will heal or exorcise all gays) based on the sanctity of family life. Keep the state out of that.

But, and this is a big but, I can guarantee that some children on this Island are being neglected every day, some are being hurt and beaten and some are being sexually abused and raped. Brabbs and her mates will make that easier and more frequent. See through her folks for what she is. Is her own familys past squeaky clean?

Social services know that they can be better. They deal with horrible situations and nasty people (including Brabbs) every day of their working lives. We should try to support them and not pull them down. In Scotland, they coined a simple phrase about children its everyones job to make sure Im safe. That includes you and me.

I know both Marcia and Tamsin, and some of your remarks are quite frankly shite!

Marcia can be 'overpowering' at times but get to actually know her and you would understand exactly where she's coming from, as for the *living church* side she never once tried to get me or anyone else to join in the years I've known her.

Your remark about Tam being a side kick like a pet pooch is simply nasty. Tam has a calm controlled nature who just wants to help others, how you can just dismiss the calming influence she has? What have you given up in your life to help others who are in dire need? She's also respected by many in the areas that count.

I've read some of your posts previous to this Boo, and this attack is simply just not your style. Are you employed by Marcia's Ex-husband as that's the only reason that I can think why you'd write this.

This thread is fast confirming all my preconceptions about the poisonous atmosphere that I anticipated social services are required to work in.

• Like 3

This thread is fast confirming all my preconceptions about the poisonous atmosphere that I anticipated social services are required to work in.

Yes, if you lie with the dogs you catch fleas.

• Like 1

On 10/26/2016 at 8:22 PM, Uhtred said:

She even has keys to the prison.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=36284&headline=Marcia's Prime Minister award for work at prison&sectionIs=News&searchyear=2017

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Kardassian Vulture said:

Chris Thomas is a spineless wonder, he's been bought off. Condemns Quayle then takes his buy-off of a job. Hasn't said a peep since. A cock stroker for sure.

I think that's highly insulting to a clever, conscientious Government member, who is one of the few who could double his Gov. salary elsewhere. 

Insulting too, to fair minded folk reading your post.:(

Just now, dilligaf said:

I think that's highly insulting to a clever, conscientious Government member, who is one of the few who could double his Gov. salary elsewhere. 

Insulting too, to fair minded folk reading your post.:(

Where are all the promises Thomas made about reform. The promises that got him his big cash job. Nowhere. Big Fat Nothings. He has fooled a stupid electorate. Falk was the one with brains and character to change things. Not this pansy pushover.

• Like 1

Just now, Kardassian Vulture said:

Where are all the promises Thomas made about reform. The promises that got him his big cash job. Nowhere. Big Fat Nothings. He has fooled a stupid electorate. Falk was the one with brains and character to change things. Not this pansy pushover.

I think you are very much mistaken in your views, but they are yours to give. You are still a vile poster. 

Just now, dilligaf said:

I think you are very much mistaken in your views, but they are yours to give. You are still a vile poster. 

I am in the real world. Change is needed, and it won't happen all by it's lonesome. This Island is well shot, and the system has not changed as promised. It's more of the same shite, more of the same big cash buy offs to cronies in corners for favours. Until the people can trust that our system is not corrupted by the lashings of money the big guns award themselves whilst we, the worker's, are on the breadline paying for their cushy lifestyle, nothing will change. We need an off Island regulator, beyond the relms of bribes and corruption who can ensure our reps are also representing us, not their own greedy clutches, at our expense. But, it's all academic now. They have to save £73M a year, this year. And that is never going to happen, and Alf knows it. A vile poster, dilgaf, or just one who accepts a big reality that scares the crap outta you ?

18 minutes ago, Kardassian Vulture said:

I agree about Falk, he said it how he saw it.