Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Manx Bean

"Bless" this House

There's nothing to see here, move on.

Edited by NoTail
  • Like 1

i'll post my full KYC unlike Stu & Lukas at the bank !!!!!! Zurich is rife with these Living Hope People and the influx of SA nationals to Microgaming are swelling congregation numbers too. One IT provider ironically situated at the Catholic club on Circular Rd is owned by another prominent member.

I think you'll find its Sidney Mount not Circular Road. You really seem to have an encyclopedic knowledge of the Louis Group connections.

Edited by JackCarter

It's a spectator sport - sit back and watch ( whilst remembering that MHK Alf had his own business just feet away from the Louis Group in the same building less than 100 yards each direction to Tynwald and The FSC...)

It's a spectator sport - sit back and watch ( whilst remembering that MHK Alf had his own business just feet away from the Louis Group in the same building less than 100 yards each direction to Tynwald and The FSC...)

Wow, is there something untoward about owning the business next door to someone else? You'd better tell him when you see him next Tuesday. I'm sure he'll be really concerned about it getting out that he had an office on a street, next or near to where other offices were, where some people who went to church once worked.

• Like 1

Arfff - see you at the Hope on Sunday - Stuart says you owe 10%

I'm sure shaking hands with blue-haired old ladies at St Peters is more your style.

To dispel your thoughts - I have never been a snooker referee x

I didn't say anything. I asked how you had such an encyclopedic knowledge of Louis Group structures and the Barclays debt financing as that's quite specialized knowledge.

I ask as I was just looking at Companies House for links around the time the events were being uncovered and remediated:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07036362/officers

Edited by JackCarter

I'm sticking with my 'tinfoil hat' assumption that this story is a result of The Living Hope beginning to trample on The Masons' toes, simply because it amuses me and without a better explanation it fits. What's even more comic is it's not going to have any effect on either, or even those reading it. Water off a duck's back to Living Hope, indeed it may even help them. I don't have a problem with any of these groups really. It's not my cup of tea, but I accept human nature for what it is and so it is inevitable that some people will use cunning and manipulation rather than graft to get ahead, and some people will always be willing victims (and probably never see themselves as such). The Masons no doubt have their structures, take advantage of some people for the benefit of others, and indoctrinate folks by essentially the same means as The Living Hope or the Jehovahs. If you know anything about any of them (I'm unlucky enough to know a fair bit), it's all the same basic format. Saying some are worse than others is missing the point.

As a supporting aside, I noticed that The Masons recently started touting for business openly - a little tent at events such as the Agg Shows and Tynwald Day. This is new is it not? I'm not that old but I don't remember them ever openly raising their profile before. I've never had the nerve to go in for a skeet, but that's got to be pretty unusual hasn't it, a secret society openly touting for members? Is it in decline? One would imagine that as society is becoming more atomised groups such as the masons which rely so much on close knit societies might struggle. I wonder if that's the case.

Are we seeing the old mafia feeling the heat of a growing club centred not around old lines, but new money?

• Like 1

We have a similar group of arseholes giving out free hugs every Wednesday with their stupid placards where I live. It's just brill to hear parents telling their children not to go near them.

Me being a particularly loud mouthed (and proud) twat says to my boy, aged ten and doesn't have any truck with this religous bollocks;

Run up and shout "put that light out put it out, there's a war going on."

They get flumuxed

Odin smashed it again

Smug walk away, must remember to take a microphone next time!

All of the above and more can be found at

http://www.four12global.com

Quite astounding, really, in this day and age of supposed 'enlightenment'.

Jackals worshipped by Jackasses.

Edited by quilp

I'm sticking with my 'tinfoil hat' assumption that this story is a result of The Living Hope beginning to trample on The Masons' toes, simply because it amuses me and without a better explanation it fits. What's even more comic is it's not going to have any effect on either, or even those reading it. Water off a duck's back to Living Hope, indeed it may even help them. I don't have a problem with any of these groups really. It's not my cup of tea, but I accept human nature for what it is and so it is inevitable that some people will use cunning and manipulation rather than graft to get ahead, and some people will always be willing victims (and probably never see themselves as such). The Masons no doubt have their structures, take advantage of some people for the benefit of others, and indoctrinate folks by essentially the same means as The Living Hope or the Jehovahs. If you know anything about any of them (I'm unlucky enough to know a fair bit), it's all the same basic format. Saying some are worse than others is missing the point.

As a supporting aside, I noticed that The Masons recently started touting for business openly - a little tent at events such as the Agg Shows and Tynwald Day. This is new is it not? I'm not that old but I don't remember them ever openly raising their profile before. I've never had the nerve to go in for a skeet, but that's got to be pretty unusual hasn't it, a secret society openly touting for members? Is it in decline? One would imagine that as society is becoming more atomised groups such as the masons which rely so much on close knit societies might struggle. I wonder if that's the case.

Are we seeing the old mafia feeling the heat of a growing club centred not around old lines, but new money?

^ An accurate assessment of the situation.

Although you didn't factor the Catholic secret societies into the equation. They're more powerful than the freemasons.

Butt is very open about his atheism, and given his father's interesting career path one assumes he must know a thing or two about secret societies. Maybe this lot where just getting a bit too big for their boots, and needed a quick reality check on who runs the IOM?

I'm sticking with my 'tinfoil hat' assumption that this story is a result of The Living Hope beginning to trample on The Masons' toes,

Utter bollocks. Neither the former MLC nor the editor of IOM Newspapers are in the masons. The story is a result of it being an interesting thing. Hence all the comments made online.