Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Manx Bean

"Bless" this House

Women have bottoms too, Frank. Women have bottoms too.

I suppose so. Maybe I read too much into the statement. I just imagined that anyone who expressed a preference for young butt was likely homosexual. However I accept they may be heterosexual but just potentially interested in anal sex with young women.

Edited by Frankthewank

Women have bottoms too, Frank. Women have bottoms too.

I suppose so. Maybe I read too much into the statement. I just imagined that anyone who expressed a preference for young butt was likely homosexual. However I accept they may be heterosexual but just interested potentially in anal sex with young women.

You don't have to go anal to work the butt.

• Like 1

"In the latest return, the auditor notes that there was limited evidence to confirm the completeness of cash receipts in respect of £83,000 of cash income recorded in the company’s records."

I don't think our auditors would let us get away with that.

Read more at: http://m.iomtoday.co.im/news/isle-of-man-news/blessed-by-standing-order-825k-donated-to-church-1-8211123

• Like 1

"In the latest return, the auditor notes that there was limited evidence to confirm the completeness of cash receipts in respect of £83,000 of cash income recorded in the company’s records."

Read more at: http://m.iomtoday.co.im/news/isle-of-man-news/blessed-by-standing-order-825k-donated-to-church-1-8211123

That's one way of putting it. The other is that the auditors note that they have no idea where you got £83,000 from.

is there a suggestion that the £83,000 was recorded but because the company is not able to evidence receipts more than that may have been received but not recorded.

I suppose if you cant trust the church who can you trust...

Edited by Grianane

It would appear there is a new "Christian" version of this story now.

http://www.christiantoday.com/article/when.this.pastor.needed.to.buy.a.house.his.congregation.stepped.in.and.gave.66000/99771.htm

It would appear that even though the linked ad in the article states the house is £625,000 the writer says the following.

"A Christian pastor and his wife have been able to buy a £485,000 five-bedroom detached home with a self-contained annex after their congregation donated £66,000.

While most of the money donated £55,000 was offered by a few friends of the Stanfield family in the church, a further £11,000 was given anonymously by church goers."

Is this maybe the reply from the leadership? So, some of the wealthier people gave first?

Just a thought........ if the house is actually worth more than what was paid, do you still have to declare the "estate agent" price for tax etc.?

Plus.......

Mr Andrew Selley, a partner of mr stanfields from South Africa and the Joshua generation church has Added his own comment on Facebook and I note that many of our Isle of Man people have agreed with his view as below:

"Modern Media cannot be trusted in that it functions as both Prosecutor & judge. There is no defense lawyer so the jury( the public) can never objectively judge the facts.

Worse still, is the fact that the journalist must justify why his story should go to print & nowadays the criteria is not justice, but will this sell newspapers!

In the end, the media cannot be trusted to be presenting the facts on any matter, because the primary principle used in writing the story is how to spin the facts, to create interest & heat(passionate feelings in the reader for good or bad-depending which is most likely to hook), framed in such a way that it will cause anger, a sense of injustice, concern or passion in readers. Read the newspaper like you watch a soapy, a play or a movie, because any relevance to the facts are purely circumstantial!"

‘’An appeal has been made to boost funding for a radiotherapy machine which vastly improves treatment of several forms of cancer’’ Read more at http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/districts/appeal-for-votes-to-secure-cancer-machine-funding-1-8219258

Apparently Living Hope Church is awash/blessed with cash. I wonder if they could spare a quid or two (I know I will) for this and similar good causes, being a charity and all that... Unless of course their pastor has now requested a swimming pool and a room for a pony... to add to his new mansion.

• Like 1

Plus.......

Mr Andrew Selley, a partner of mr stanfields from South Africa and the Joshua generation church has Added his own comment on Facebook and I note that many of our Isle of Man people have agreed with his view as below:

"Modern Media cannot be trusted in that it functions as both Prosecutor & judge. There is no defense lawyer so the jury( the public) can never objectively judge the facts.

Worse still, is the fact that the journalist must justify why his story should go to print & nowadays the criteria is not justice, but will this sell newspapers!

In the end, the media cannot be trusted to be presenting the facts on any matter, because the primary principle used in writing the story is how to spin the facts, to create interest & heat(passionate feelings in the reader for good or bad-depending which is most likely to hook), framed in such a way that it will cause anger, a sense of injustice, concern or passion in readers. Read the newspaper like you watch a soapy, a play or a movie, because any relevance to the facts are purely circumstantial!"

I would have thought that the contents of the accounts were facts.

It would appear there is a new "Christian" version of this story now.

http://www.christiantoday.com/article/when.this.pastor.needed.to.buy.a.house.his.congregation.stepped.in.and.gave.66000/99771.htm

It would appear that even though the linked ad in the article states the house is £625,000 the writer says the following.

"A Christian pastor and his wife have been able to buy a £485,000 five-bedroom detached home with a self-contained annex after their congregation donated £66,000.

While most of the money donated £55,000 was offered by a few friends of the Stanfield family in the church, a further £11,000 was given anonymously by church goers."

Is this maybe the reply from the leadership? So, some of the wealthier people gave first?

Just a thought........ if the house is actually worth more than what was paid, do you still have to declare the "estate agent" price for tax etc.?

If there was a suspicion that the value of the transaction was purposely and clearly under market value the land registry could write to their layer about it.

There are not any other taxes involved.

If I am not mistaken, this Stanfield, he is originally from Ireland, isn’t he? I assume no relation to Father Ted, but sounds like a very entrepreneurial spirit indeed; with his power(s) of persuasion he should be in charge of Brexit, I reckon.

Edited by code99