petrol prices 4p in two weeks

Why isn't the UK investing more in renewable or homegrown energy and fuel production? We know the technology exists and can be developed and implemented, yet we're still hooked on Saudi oil.

Because this renewable energy lark is very expensive. What are you expecting?
Oil is running out and nuclear works out very expensive and has a cost in terms of millennia in terms of storage. Read this https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/aug/11/solar-and-wind-cheaper-than-new-nuclear-by-the-time-hinkley-is-built

They've been saying oil is running out all of my life. Now there is shale. It depends whose figures you believe and how much you are prepared to pay for it. If it's $250 a barrel there will be a lot of economically exploitable reserves.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another white elephant that's cost us £4000 per day to fire in diesel due to there being much less waste to burn than their pie in the sky projections.     ETA That was at 2004/2005 prices Christ

Of course not...he wouldn't need petrol otherwise. 

Do you live in a cave?

Posted Images

An accurate source, being an acquaintance of mine who works and contracts there. I have no reason to disbelieve them.

Perhaps your infinite knowledge of all matters or one of your sources could provide a link to disprove?

It's a problem in part of it. Will take a couple of days to be able to get a weld in.

Why isn't the UK investing more in renewable or homegrown energy and fuel production? We know the technology exists and can be developed and implemented, yet we're still hooked on Saudi oil.

Because this renewable energy lark is very expensive. What are you expecting?
Oil is running out and nuclear works out very expensive and has a cost in terms of millennia in terms of storage. Read this https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/aug/11/solar-and-wind-cheaper-than-new-nuclear-by-the-time-hinkley-is-built

They've been saying oil is running out all of my life. Now there is shale. It depends whose figures you believe and how much you are prepared to pay for it. If it's $250 a barrel there will be a lot of economically exploitable reserves.
Oil is running out there's a finite supply of it. However, it is running out quicker than ever what do you think the wars in the Middle East are about. Securing the last supply

They'll be dead within a week then :) I saw something about a doctor who'd been investigating a cancer cure being killed the other day, these things remind me of that man, you know? The one who said the CIA were causing Cocaine problems in America and then he shot himself twice in the head. There is a film & a TV series about it, pfft. They're worth watching if you like that kind of thing :)