Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Cronky

Children's Social Services - Will we ever get it right?

I would say so Neil.  It's sad to see someone trying to do a little good, who has the drive to do it, just screw it all up because the moment they get critised or questioned they turn into a fucking huge mental baby.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PottyLisa said:

If I may, I'm not sure Seagull was calling you a liar, just an absolute fucking lunatic, I mean c'mon, what the actual fuck??  Like I said previously, you may well have valid points but you come accross as arrogant, unhinged, belligerent.  What the fuck has Seagull's post count got to do with anything?  Is he/she/it not still entitled to an oppinion?

It's fuckers like you that make my blood boil.  You are crusading, you have the will to do something about these injustices but you're completely fucking it all up with you shitty, hostile attitude.  You are wasting your own opportunity.

Fucking arsehole!

/aaahhnd relax

12 hours ago, PottyLisa said:

I would say so Neil.  It's sad to see someone trying to do a little good, who has the drive to do it, just screw it all up because the moment they get critised or questioned they turn into a fucking huge mental baby.

So eloquently stated.

I will endeavour to meet your exemplary standards in the future.

But the question remains - can Seashite, Bendover, Pie Eater, Quillnowhit,  Chris Thomas, or any other enlightened person, either with or without self interest at the heart of their posts, show one single example of my statements being wrong, not quite right, slightly mistaken or just a hair breadths from the truth?

Speak the truth - ive read your posts on this topic with interest from the start, broadly believe you that the whole situation absolutely stinks and have on occasion defended you. However, of late it has to be said that your posts are becoming more and more unhinged, and I suspect you are now doing your cause more damage than good.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Speak the truth - ive read your posts on this topic with interest from the start, broadly believe you that the whole situation absolutely stinks and have on occasion defended you. However, of late it has to be said that your posts are becoming more and more unhinged, and I suspect you are now doing your cause more damage than good.

This is the point I was trying to make, I think Teapot has done a better job, with fewer words and by not having to resort to all that nasty effing and juffing.

I think you're missing the point, I think you're probably right in what you say, it's not about me trying to discredit you.  You're doing that yourself.  Now those that don't agree can turn round and claim nutbag nutbag nutbag! And those that do agree are probably less likely to ally with you and your POV due to the sudden flood of nastiness and irrationalality (is that a word??)

32 minutes ago, PottyLisa said:

This is the point I was trying to make, I think Teapot has done a better job, with fewer words and by not having to resort to all that nasty effing and juffing.

I think you're missing the point, I think you're probably right in what you say, it's not about me trying to discredit you.  You're doing that yourself.  Now those that don't agree can turn round and claim nutbag nutbag nutbag! And those that do agree are probably less likely to ally with you and your POV due to the sudden flood of nastiness and irrationalality irrationality  (is that a word??)

there you go dear :)

• Haha 1

OK, here goes - something you will never hear from a social worker.

I may have gone into rants about this subject, I may have responded to the apologists instead of always remaining focused on the fact abusers are employed and excused, at tax payers expense,  I have still not lowered myself to their levels.

I never intended to deflect attention from the subject but, my response's have helped to keep the subject in the public domain.

I am sorry for any rants.

I am not sorry for the fact that my rants have kept certain people, like Chris Thomas, Alan Bell, Tim Crookall, Amanda Barton, Howard Quayle, Kate Beecroft, Edward Coates, Juan Turner, Lawrence Skelly, Duncan Lyon, Bill Malarkey, Ray Harmer, (you get where I am going with this), from feeling comfortable in their positions where they have either abused or condoned abuse.

Apparently social workers felt under pressure because they may have been held accountable for their actions.

These are the same social workers who, if you are prepared to look through the shite in the latest and the previous report, were found to have acted in a way that would have caused most of us to loose our jobs along with any chance of continuing our careers in any other company or domain.

Our government made sure that did not happen.

The investigation was hamstrung, the reports publication was 'delayed' and the investigators and contributors where threatened with legal action.

Legal action for the investigators is one thing - being the subject of legal action for the families would mean that the same abusive social workers would, once again, have a gun to their heads.

The average qualified social workers salary on the Island is in the region of 38K+ out of hours pay, overtime, expenses and every other penny they can screw from the tax payer.

Most will take home in the region of £1000/week.

+ 5 weeks holiday, 9 days bank holiday plus, a disproportionate amount of sick pay.

Then take half of their working week away so they can attend meetings, ( travel and meal allowances paid), with other professionals your tax money funds.

It really is a vocation, not a job.

Then to cover up their incompetence they misrepresent, lie about and threaten the families they are supposed to help - coz the gravy train cant stop.

When senior managers in Children and Families have no children of their own, are under 35 years of age and defend the actions of Agency employed social workers to protect the statusquo I am sickened.

I admit, I may respond to those with something to hide in a way that resembles those apologists.

The facts remain.

8 hours ago, Speak The Truth said:

I would describe the whole shebang as a veritable industry.

There's money in them thar kids and (from my experience) they will grab any likely little gold mine, even if it means doing so illegally and covering up with lies and innuendo.

Oh, and don't worry about those people you have listed. They won't feel at all uncomfortable. Their professinal lives are surrounded in the cotton wool of the well paid civil servant.

Edited by gettafa

19 hours ago, Speak The Truth said:

OK, here goes - something you will never hear from a social worker.

I may have gone into rants about this subject, I may have responded to the apologists instead of always remaining focused on the fact abusers are employed and excused, at tax payers expense,  I have still not lowered myself to their levels.

I never intended to deflect attention from the subject but, my response's have helped to keep the subject in the public domain.

I am sorry for any rants.

I am not sorry for the fact that my rants have kept certain people, like Chris Thomas, Alan Bell, Tim Crookall, Amanda Barton, Howard Quayle, Kate Beecroft, Edward Coates, Juan Turner, Lawrence Skelly, Duncan Lyon, Bill Malarkey, Ray Harmer, (you get where I am going with this), from feeling comfortable in their positions where they have either abused or condoned abuse.

Apparently social workers felt under pressure because they may have been held accountable for their actions.

These are the same social workers who, if you are prepared to look through the shite in the latest and the previous report, were found to have acted in a way that would have caused most of us to loose our jobs along with any chance of continuing our careers in any other company or domain.

Our government made sure that did not happen.

The investigation was hamstrung, the reports publication was 'delayed' and the investigators and contributors where threatened with legal action.

Legal action for the investigators is one thing - being the subject of legal action for the families would mean that the same abusive social workers would, once again, have a gun to their heads.

The average qualified social workers salary on the Island is in the region of 38K+ out of hours pay, overtime, expenses and every other penny they can screw from the tax payer.

Most will take home in the region of £1000/week.

+ 5 weeks holiday, 9 days bank holiday plus, a disproportionate amount of sick pay.

Then take half of their working week away so they can attend meetings, ( travel and meal allowances paid), with other professionals your tax money funds.

Then to cover up their incompetence they misrepresent, lie about and threaten the families they are supposed to help - coz the gravy train cant stop.

When senior managers in Children and Families have no children of their own, are under 35 years of age and defend the actions of Agency employed social workers to protect the statusquo I am sickened.

I admit, I may respond to those with something to hide in a way that resembles those apologists.

The facts remain.

Jealousy is not involved at all then. That's nice to know ;)

On 3 November 2017 at 12:39 AM, Speak The Truth said:

Are you aware that the 9 families that provided evidence have not had that evidence returned to them?

Are you aware that, of the 8 families whose evidence was accepted because that evidence did not extend past the short period dictated by those who are protecting their salary, not one can move this on because critical evidence is now held by a government puppet?

Families placed their faith in, what they were told was, the 'independent' investigation.

It was only explained after the evidence was provided, that Paul Burnett is on the government payroll.

There were guarantees given to the families regarding independence, accountability, openness and anonymity.

There were guarantees given that the contributors would see the full report first.

The AG, on the instruction of Quayle, Thomas and the other members of the  'blind eye' council made threats to the investigators that prevented them from standing by their promises.

It has been well publicised by the likes of Thomas, Beecroft, and the other 'see the bigger picture and protect the Island' apologists that certain things have not been proven.

COULD THIS BE BECAUSE THE INVESTIGATORS WERE PREVENTED FROM INVESTIGATING INDIVIDUAL COMPLAINTS,

THEY WERE PREVENTED FROM NAMING GUILTY PARTIES WHERE ABUSE WAS PROVEN?

What they have not been so keen to point out is what has been proven, either conclusively or partially, bearing in mind the selective questions, have shown massive failings, incompetence, abuse and evasion of responsibility.

I wonder why that is?

BASIC MATH :-

8 FAMILIES x 6 HYPOTHESIS = 48 FINDINGS

OUT OF 48.           6 WERE NOT PROVEN(42 left)

OUT OF 48.           6 WERE DEFINITELY PROVEN(36 left)

OUT OF 48.          36 WERE PARTIALLY PROVEN( in other words - had the investigation not been hamstrung all would have been proven).

You say to gather and publicise.

Have you even the slightest idea of the implications for the families involved should they go public?

You possibly do, it would certainly explain your posts.

I would agree the thrust of the accusation is effectively that 'government' cannot be trusted to investigate itself - so my question still stands unanswered - given the seriousness of the accusation, why was it? 

If it was so blindingly obvious that 'the government' were never going to point the finger at themselves, why were they ever expected to?

Why were they entrusted with the evidence?

Who said anything about going public? I said gather evidence and publish. Nothing in that statement requires identification. Are you being intentionally obtuse? 

On 11/11/2017 at 10:37 PM, maynragh said:

I would agree the thrust of the accusation is effectively that 'government' cannot be trusted to investigate itself - so my question still stands unanswered - given the seriousness of the accusation, why was it? 

If it was so blindingly obvious that 'the government' were never going to point the finger at themselves, why were they ever expected to?

Why were they entrusted with the evidence?

Who said anything about going public? I said gather evidence and publish. Nothing in that statement requires identification. Are you being intentionally obtuse? 

Bear in mind that many of the abused families have spent years hoping that someone, anyone would actually listen to them.

As I have said before, considering the sensitivity of the situation the families found themselves in, the trauma those families went through at the time of their involvement with the state employed abusers, the fact any and all previous complaints, including those from the Information Commissioner, have been ignored, when given the opportunity to partake in, what they were told, an Independent investigation - they leapt at the chance.

The front for the investigation was a woman who identified herself as being from outside of the Island, Bridget Griffin she identified her colleague as Paul Burnett. It was never made clear by either that he was on the government payroll.

When the report was, slightly and conditionally released to the 8 families who were invited to meet with the authors.

Paul Burnett was busy with other meetings on the day.

Bridget Griffin was left with the , uncomfortable, job of explaining the findings.

Even then desperate people were clutching at straws and correcting 'inaccuracies'.

Then they had to wait for months to see their own information, the same information that social services, mhk's,  mlc's and all their mates had access to from the start.

Broken families, broken individuals, broken children placed their trust in a lie.

Publish?

Can you imagine that any one of these families will once again open themselves up to abuse?

You will not see 8 out of 10 again.

But you will see some who have nothing to loose, and from the headlines you may agree with the government. 

Give it time, others will come forward.

Oh FFS are you back again,same time every fucking day, your potty.

Edited by twinkle

18 minutes ago, twinkle said:

Oh FFS are you back again,same time every fucking day, your potty.

Says a person who lengthens their ego by having a pretend hero cuddling an ape as their id pic.

I am sure you are popular in your own small mind.

22 hours ago, Speak The Truth said:

Bear in mind that many of the abused families have spent years hoping that someone, anyone would actually listen to them.

As I have said before, considering the sensitivity of the situation the families found themselves in, the trauma those families went through at the time of their involvement with the state employed abusers, the fact any and all previous complaints, including those from the Information Commissioner, have been ignored, when given the opportunity to partake in, what they were told, an Independent investigation - they leapt at the chance.

The front for the investigation was a woman who identified herself as being from outside of the Island, Bridget Griffin she identified her colleague as Paul Burnett. It was never made clear by either that he was on the government payroll.

When the report was, slightly and conditionally released to the 8 families who were invited to meet with the authors.

Paul Burnett was busy with other meetings on the day.

Bridget Griffin was left with the , uncomfortable, job of explaining the findings.

Even then desperate people were clutching at straws and correcting 'inaccuracies'.

Then they had to wait for months to see their own information, the same information that social services, mhk's,  mlc's and all their mates had access to from the start.

Broken families, broken individuals, broken children placed their trust in a lie.

Publish?

Can you imagine that any one of these families will once again open themselves up to abuse?

You will not see 8 out of 10 again.

But you will see some who have nothing to loose, and from the headlines you may agree with the government. 

Give it time, others will come forward.

I will take this statement as an acknowledgement that you are being intentionally obtuse. 

Are you saying that the families were told that Bridget Griffen was going to conduct the investigation and publish it entirely independently? That she was going to be paid by government to do it, but they were not going to have any say on it before it was published? Is there any evidence for that? If that is what they were told why would they then hand over information or make statements to anyone else - anyone who was not clearly under her direction?

If that is not what they were told, why wasn't that (who is in control of the publication) the very first question that was asked!!!??! I fully understand the desire to seek restitution, but given the history there is no logic to what you are saying. Crying about that fact that the government screwed you after the case, when the government screwing you is the basis for the claim is either naive or intentionally deceitful for god knows what reason. 

If these people are serious about doing something about this - and that includes you as the apparent mouthpiece - they need to pull themselves together, stop bitching about it on MF and produce a solid body of evidence to shame the people responsible - and keep doing it till things change. Having a tanti because the people who call the shots - the same people you're trying to tear in to - have refused to drop themselves in it is pointless. 

• Like 1