Children's Social Services - Will we ever get it right?

Cronky

The evidence submitted includes recording of social workers, written records from social workers along with evidence from respected other professionals, such as probation services, police and medical staff, that, along with the recordings, prove social workers have lied in their records.

The recordings show how the social workers as well as their so called Independent Committee Chairpersons, from their position of power and authority, manipulate those with the misfortune to fall into their clutches.

It also show that our current Chief Minister, our previous Chief Minister, the current and previous Chief Executives of the DHSC as well as their deputies have all seen evidence of what amounts to criminal behaviour by Social Workers and their managers.

And that all are complicit in the covering up of and refusal to investigate that behaviour.

Drunks, druggies and kiddie fiddlers - whilst some who have dealings with SS may fall into this description, others that I know of, who have had huge problems with them include the Head of a Government section, police officers, teachers and others who, through circumstance not necessarily of their own making and who despite being highly regarded by society find SS trying to control their family lives.

The most important people here are not the politicians or the SS employees who have most to gain by there not being a full open and independent investigation.

Nor is it the adults who may or may not be what some on this forum like to regard as scum.

The most important people are the children who are effectively being subject to state sponsored abuse by the covering up of the criminal behaviour of government employees.

Any assumption that a social work qualification makes a person honest and beyond question is dangerous to say the least.

Many will be so when entering their profession.

But how many remain so when their livelihoods rely on the whims of their dishonest and dishonourable superiors?

As the Hillsborough Enquiry in the UK shows - not many.

If there is nothing to hide, why are they so terrified of being investigated?

Why is their Chief Executive so against the public being made aware of the nature of allegations made and evidence submitted?

Smoke and fire go hand in hand.

I am sure that there will be many ongoing attempt by the establishment to thwart any investigation.

I am also certain that failure to reveal and remove the rot now will lead to an escalation of the campaign to reveal it.

Thanks to the last administration signing up to the European Convention on Human Rights our government is no longer able to walk over people.

I am also sure that many members of the English national press, especially those who already harbour a grudge against what they see as tax havens, would love to be provided wit the evidence that has been submitted so far.

Seems like some people need to accept the reality that their family is in the system because there's some personal or familial failing involved. Just because they may have superficially important jobs doesn't make them exempt from the hoops and systems that other people have to go through when the state gets involved by attempting to safeguard their children. Sounds like a few people need to wake up and smell the coffee. Not start issuing lawyers letters.

Seems like some people need to accept the reality that their family is in the system because there's some personal or familial failing involved. Just because they may have superficially important jobs doesn't make them exempt from the hoops and systems that other people have to go through when the state gets involved by attempting to safeguard their children. Sounds like a few people need to wake up and smell the coffee. Not start issuing lawyers letters.

Or perhaps certain people need to wake up and smell the coffee and realise that just because they are employed by the state they are not exempt from the laws of the land, nor do they have the right to abuse people, no matter what their circumstances.

It is interesting that you choose to identify yourself as a character for whom laws had no meaning and who met his aims through force.

Sounds familiar.

Your not a social worker by chance are you?

Or perhaps certain people need to wake up and smell the coffee and realise that just because they are employed by the state they are not exempt from the laws of the land, nor do they have the right to abuse people, no matter what their circumstances.

It is interesting that you choose to identify yourself as a character for whom laws had no meaning and who met his aims through force.

Sounds familiar.

No. I'm pretty sure you are the one who appears to be delusional. Perceived social status does not exempt you from some of the scrutiny you seem to think should only be applied to the lower orders. Maybe cognitive behavioural therapy might be of assistance?

Sounds familiar.

No. I'm pretty sure you are the one who appears to be delusional. Perceived social status does not exempt you from some of the scrutiny you seem to think should only be applied to the lower orders. Maybe cognitive behavioural therapy might be of assistance?

You prove my point with your statement.

'Perceived social status does not exempt you from some of the scrutiny'.

As for lower orders?

Me thinks you have an overly inflated opinion of yourself, any person who refers to 'lower orders' when referring to people is obviously an arrogant cock who needs to spend less time in their own arsehole and more time in the real world.

If you care to read what I have actually said you will see that I believe all should be open to scrutiny, especially those in positions of trust and authority.

Perhaps you struggled to read it properly thanks to having to do so whilst looking through your sphincter.

Sounds familiar.

As for lower orders?

Me thinks you have an overly inflated opinion of yourself, any person who refers to 'lower orders' when referring to people is obviously an arrogant cock who needs to spend less time in their own arsehole and more time in the real world.

If you care to read what I have actually said you will see that I believe all should be open to scrutiny, especially those in positions of trust and authority.

Perhaps you struggled to read it properly thanks to having to do so whilst looking through your sphincter.

You sound quite obnoxious and full of yourself. As I said you should maybe just accept the reality of the position you are in and submit to CBT which might help you come to terms with it. When I referred to the lower orders that was obviously an attempt to position where you seem to be coming from in your view of others. If your family has issues then you are going to end up in the social care system and maybe you should come to terms with that rather than firing off lawyers letters about how unfair it all is on your perceived social status?

Apologies, I have not read every post, but I believe the issue is not so much about the quality of state intervention, but whether the state should intervene at all. When it does, what does it provide and what good does it do?

My friend worked in child care some years ago and I really could not understand how a house with a continual parade of carers and where the only constant was the child was any better than leaving the child in its family and supporting the family.

Yes, there are some horrific stories of children in really destructive family environments, but is the best solution to remove the child into an environment which is devoid of any family? Other than one which will clock off at some point every day, rather than work with the family?

The state is not the right institution to replace parents, but is the right institution to give resources to support and guide.

But it is easier just to take a child at risk into social care than deal with the real problem and, in all honesty, it makes the stats look better.

• Thanks 1

Dudley Butt and Daphne Caine understand there is a problem with social services:

http://147-5433bc3297b05.radiocms.com/news/isle-of-man-news/social-services-report-to-go-before-tynwald/

That's not really what that sound clip says. It just acknowledges that some families have had issues.

Dudley Butt and Daphne Caine understand there is a problem with social services:

http://147-5433bc3297b05.radiocms.com/news/isle-of-man-news/social-services-report-to-go-before-tynwald/

That's not really what that sound clip says. It just acknowledges that some families have had issues.

Don't kid yourself. They know exactly what the problems in social services are.

Don't kid yourself. They know exactly what the problems in social services are.

It's not what that clip says, neither is it what that page says.

Only when our social services and mental welfare have proper Independent oversight, as Nobles hospital is now exposed to by scrutiny from the West Midlands, will we ever hope to have an efficient, safe, accountable public service.

We are a tiny nation we should be leading in all these disciplines not a hostage to fortune.

Sounds familiar.

As for lower orders?

You sound quite obnoxious and full of yourself. As I said you should maybe just accept the reality of the position you are in and submit to CBT which might help you come to terms with it. When I referred to the lower orders that was obviously an attempt to position where you seem to be coming from in your view of others. If your family has issues then you are going to end up in the social care system and maybe you should come to terms with that rather than firing off lawyers letters about how unfair it all is on your perceived social status?

What a sad, pathetic person you are.

I am very comfortable with the position I am in and have not fired off a single lawyers letter.

What is it about someone voicing concerns about social workers, politicians and the like acting in an unlawful manner that you object to so strongly?

Some thing to hide perchance?

As I have previously said, the opinions you express and your fear of the truth seem to indicate a strong personal link to those being investigated.

I doubt you are intelligent enough to make such sweeping assumptions. As I said you do come across as quite obnoxious and opinionated. Maybe you should just accept the fact that you have to interact with social services?

Jack, why do you have to be such a fucking cock to people? Speak the truth has posted some interesting stuff, and I'm sure they'd be happy to debate it with you like a normal person but you seem to be purposefully antagonistic for no reason at all. You do it to other people too. Are you still suffering shock from the bullying you got at school? Or maybe your mother didn't show you enough love? Stop being a dick.

• Like 3