Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Cronky

Children's Social Services - Will we ever get it right?

Speak The Truth, I actually agree with a lot of what you say. However, I do think it's a bit rich hiding behind a pseudonym when calling for openness and honesty,

The whole idea behind pseudonym's on this forum is to allow disclosure without repercussion.

Those who need to know my identity know it.

My identity does not affect the truth of what I say so why does it matter so much to you?

Could it be so that you can see if there is any action you or your friends can take to prevent be airing your dirty laundry perhaps?

I will save you the bother - The truth is going to come out and nothing will prevent me from doing what I can to expose and publicise corruption and abuses by so called public servants.

You claim to have tried to change your identity on here - there is nothing stopping you from giving your full name in your posts if it matters so much to you - but you haven't done that.

I don't care who you are if what you say has any sense to it.

Edited by Speak The Truth

"You claim to have tried to change your identity on here - there is nothing stopping you from giving your full name in your posts if it matters so much to you - but you haven't done that."

Okay. I will, if you will. After you, old chap...

"Could it be so that you can see if there is any action you or your friends can take to prevent be airing your dirty laundry perhaps?"

That is offensive. (a) I don't have any dirty laundry, and (b) I don't know how you think knowing your identity would prevent any dirty laundry being aired - do you think I would hire a hitman?? Ha. Ha.

"You claim to have tried to change your identity on here - there is nothing stopping you from giving your full name in your posts if it matters so much to you - but you haven't done that."

Okay. I will, if you will. After you, old chap...

"Could it be so that you can see if there is any action you or your friends can take to prevent be airing your dirty laundry perhaps?"

That is offensive. (a) I don't have any dirty laundry, and (b) I don't know how you think knowing your identity would prevent any dirty laundry being aired - do you think I would hire a hitman?? Ha. Ha.

It is you with the identity fixation.

That is - unless it is yours or your cronies identity's that is.

So go on - why is my identity so important to you?

Shit and full of are words that spring to mind when reading your responses.

Lets face it only an idiot would give their name to someone as practised at intimidation as a social worker, (or former one).

Although it is common practice for social workers to refuse to identify their superiors over here as you will know full well.

"If, and it is a big if, social workers have done nothing wrong they should welcome independent scrutiny.

I am yet to hear of one that does."

An interesting argument, coming from a keyboard warrior who hides behind a nom-de-plume. If he has nothing to hide, why doesn't he write under his real name?

Like you do?

You don't - wonder why?

Could it be that you work for...............

At least this gives you and Gay'n something to talk about over coffee whilst perusing the job vacancies column.

I think we can guess why in your case - people might remember...

I have nothing to do with social services and my job in the CSP sector/shipping is perfectly secure, thank you.

"If, and it is a big if, social workers have done nothing wrong they should welcome independent scrutiny.

I am yet to hear of one that does."

An interesting argument, coming from a keyboard warrior who hides behind a nom-de-plume. If he has nothing to hide, why doesn't he write under his real name?

Like you do?

You don't - wonder why?

Could it be that you work for...............

At least this gives you and Gay'n something to talk about over coffee whilst perusing the job vacancies column.

I think we can guess why in your case - people might remember...

I have nothing to do with social services and my job in the CSP sector/shipping is perfectly secure, thank you.

Delusional pillock!

But I am sure you are happy in your own little world.

Getting away from the ravings of those who fear exposure.

Latest updates

Questions are due to asked in Tynwald regarding the time-scales for the 9 recommendations regarding children and families being implemented.

The court will also be asked that a review be undertaken to ensure the recommendations are being implemented and that reviews be carried out on a quarterly basis to ensure compliance.

Since the independent investigation into the 10 sample cases started a further 15 families have come forward, families who had not given evidence to the select committee or had any previous contact with any investigation, requesting that they be allowed to give evidence.

In order to dispel any potential claims that the investigators are employing social services own tactics of deciding guilt to suit an agenda, the investigators are currently speaking to social workers to give them the opportunity to respond to accusations and evidence submitted.

As the result of the amount of issues to be 'explained' by social workers, there is not going to be enough time, on this visit by the inspectors, to speak to many of the, now adult, children of the 10 families who's lives have been adversely affected by the actions of social workers.

Speaking to the 'children' was not originally in the remit of the inspectors, but they felt that as many of the children were now older it would be remiss not to hear from those who have been used as the excuse for the abusive and illegal behaviour of social workers.

As such, the Inspectors will visit the Island again in February to facilitate this.

The huge amount of information given by the initial 10 families has required unanticipated additional visits by the Independent Investigators.

This will mean that they will be unable to submit any findings as early as they had hoped to although they are still hoping to have something by the end of February and to be able to present the report in March.

It is correct to say that the Independent Investigators have been shocked by the volume of documents and recording submitted by the families. Quite clearly these recordings and documents have raised enough concerns with the investigators that they are speaking to every social worker who has had any involvement with the 10 families, with the obvious exception of those who have already jumped ship.

Commish, Boo Gay'n and others of their ilk - I couldn't give a toss who you are or who you think you are - the truth is going to come out.

• Like 1

Thank you, Speak the Truth. When we have cut through all the emotive language and innuendo in your posts, the information you give is very interesting.

Believe it or not, the truth is what we are - or should be - all after.

• Like 2

Those that have jumped ship will be saddled with all the blame and the rats that are left get a walk.

Any other outcomes? Cant see compensation to families coming into it....

Any families coming forward to speak up for social interference?

Edited by WTF

Financial compensation?

No amount of money could compensate for the actions being investigated.

Also, when asked what outcome they would like, not a single family has mentioned compensation.

Without exception they all said the main priority was ensuring that no family had to endure what they had been through and that those guilty of abuses be prevented from such behaviours again.

Such is the feeling from those affected that many have already refused 'deals' offered by social services that depended on them not giving evidence to the investigation.

One family that was due to give evidence did accept a large financial settlement that was conditional on a gagging order, the others all feel that this matter needs to be addressed on a permanent basis and that social services need to be prevented from brushing abuses under the carpet.

As an aside, where's the update on the 'mislaid' recording device? This was subject to internal DHSC inquiry as well as external police and data protection investigation but all seems to have gone a bit 'mayors chain'.

Of course, there is no collusion or cover-up among social services and the police. Ever. Honest.

• Like 2

Iomconstabulary's finest inspector clooso in charge of all these high profile cases no doubt.

Financial compensation?

No amount of money could compensate for the actions being investigated.

Also, when asked what outcome they would like, not a single family has mentioned compensation.

Without exception they all said the main priority was ensuring that no family had to endure what they had been through and that those guilty of abuses be prevented from such behaviours again.

Such is the feeling from those affected that many have already refused 'deals' offered by social services that depended on them not giving evidence to the investigation.

One family that was due to give evidence did accept a large financial settlement that was conditional on a gagging order, the others all feel that this matter needs to be addressed on a permanent basis and that social services need to be prevented from brushing abuses under the carpet.

How much was the large financial settlement?