Children's Social Services - Will we ever get it right?

Cronky

8 minutes ago, JoeyDeaconsCat said:

Is there much substance in this thread? It looks like some serious local idiots posting absolute nonsense to me. Im sure it makes sense to them but it just makes them look rather silly really. They'll be shouting about satanic abuse and babies being snatched yet. They sound like complete loons. 

Strangely enough, the only one sounding like a loon is you...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JoeyDeaconsCat said:

Is there much substance in this thread? It looks like some serious local idiots posting absolute nonsense to me. Im sure it makes sense to them but it just makes them look rather silly really. They'll be shouting about satanic abuse and babies being snatched yet. They sound like complete loons. 

Thank you for that colourful comment. Returning to your original post and the follow up, can I ask you once again, have you read the report?

What evidence do you have for your supposition that another poster was promulgating a conspiracy and because of that was an idiot?

What was your expectation before you decided to post on this thread?

What did you mean by the use of the term 'cheap tat' and Saturday?

What evidence do you have to support your statement regarding 'serious idiots' and 'posting satanic abuse and babies being snatched'? Do you have anything except your own creative imaginings and personal prejudice to offer?

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Strangely enough, the only one sounding like a loon is you...

Is that true? I went back up this thread and man it's awful. I mean really really terrible in what people are claiming without any facts at all. Then Speak The Truth posted in relation to some poor lady committing suicide. Instead of taking StT to task for trying to create currency and false attacks at government out of such tragic circumstances people start picking on me for pointing out that StT looks an idiot? Oh well there we go. In fact there are several posters in this thread that look like irrationally angry idiots who are just talking rubbish. More than one of whom sounds like an angry tat seller to me. 

Edited by JoeyDeaconsCat

26 minutes ago, JoeyDeaconsCat said:

Is that true? I went back up this thread and man it's awful. I mean really really terrible in what people are claiming without any facts at all. Then Speak The Truth posted in relation to some poor lady committing suicide. Instead of taking StT to task for trying to create currency and false attacks at government out of such tragic circumstances people start picking on me for pointing out that StT looks an idiot? Oh well there we go. In fact there are several posters in this thread that look like irrationally angry idiots who are just talking rubbish. More than one of whom sounds like an angry tat seller to me. 

Thank you for that interesting exposition of stream of conciousness writing, however, with the best intentions it has left me as baffled as your other posts have done. I note your prediliction for attributing idiocy to posts you disagree with, your inclination to faux victimhood when asked to provide supporting evidence, and your overall passive aggression. I would still be interested to know who you have in mind as fitting the description of 'angry tat seller' and if you can, explain what a 'tat seller' actually is in your definition. Having asserted that facts are important in your reasoning previously, would you oblige and provide some now?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, newsnight said:

Thank you for that interesting exposition of stream of conciousness writing, however, with the best intentions it has left me as baffled as your other posts have done. I note your prediliction for attributing idiocy to posts you disagree with, your inclination to faux victimhood when asked to provide supporting evidence, and your overall passive aggression. I would still be interested to know who you have in mind as fitting the description of 'angry tat seller' and if you can, explain what a 'tat seller' actually is in your definition. Having asserted that facts are important in your reasoning previously, would you oblige and provide some now?

Speculating on the causes / reasons or whatever behind someone suicide on a public form is pretty scummy to be fair. I don't feel the need to defend any of my comments in that context as StT sort of set an unachievable benchmark of scumminess there. Only an idiot would make such unsubstantiated claims publicly, and only another idiot would attempt to provide additional commentary on such idiotic conspiracy nonsense. 

Ignoring the 'contributions' of JoeyDeaconsCat (which appears to be a sensible thing to do on all occasions) and returning to the substance of the issue, I understand that with reports like this there may need to be time for a draft report to be viewed by interested parties to ensure there are no glaring errors etc. However, it's clear that's not what is happening here. Comment on the outcome of the investigation was held until the last sitting before the recess, and instead of delivering the report they withheld publication until an 'action plan' can be drawn up. The fact we are now in parliamentary recess means there's no opportunity for politicians to question on the floor of the House the withholding of the report, so there's plenty of time to whitewash, water down, parachute out the guilty and ensure no one is ever held accountable when it is made public in October. And by also publishing an action plan, they can use the old and tired expressions 'lessons learned' and 'recommendations already addressed'. The delay in publication clearly isn't a period for consultation, to ensure accuracy etc, as the families have been given redacted versions which would limit their ability to comment. This is about doing everything possible to dilute the severity of the findings and avoid anyone being held responsible. It's clear the report, at least the current version before it is watered down, must be absolutely damning otherwise they wouldn't be bothering to go to such lengths to avoid public and political scrutiny of it until they've had time to brush everything under the carpet and straighten the skeletons in the cupboard.

It's such a shame that the public, and most politicians, allow this behaviour to pass without comment. Look at the report into the Attorney General's Chambers. It was essentially 'hidden' for a couple of years and when released under FOI, with all its shocking revelations, the only parliamentary question on it was 'how much'. No seeking reassurance of improvements, no questioning of why it was withheld. Just 'how much'.

Not everyone is interested in children and family services, and many probably think you deserve everything you get if they end up involved in your life. But surely everyone should be interested in an independent report into YOUR government, paid for by YOU, being suppressed for several months to ensure its true findings are never properly revealed.

People accuse anyone who doesn't trust government of believing in outlandish conspiracies. But here's a clear example of government doing all it can to hide and dilute damaging criticism of its work. They should be interested in protecting the people, by ensuring the findings of an independent investigation are immediately made public and acting upon them straight away. Instead they are only interested in looking after their own.

And we let them get away with it.

Speak the Truth talks about the redacted report being sent to UK media. There may be some interest, but why rely on them? We live in a digital age, one which should make this sort of government suppression, censorship and cover-up a thing of the past.

In my view, every page of the redacted report should be scanned, uploaded to a site and the URL shared here and across social media so the public can see what their government is hiding from them. We should show them they cannot mislead and lie to us any more.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, newsnight said:

I wouldn't be surprised in slightest if every page of the redacted report was to be scanned, uploaded to a site and the URL shared here and in online media, no I wouldn't be surprised at all.

I wouldn't be surprised if we were all sort of expecting every page of the redacted report to be scanned, uploaded to a site and the URL shared here and in online media. After that build up we would be otherwise disappointed. 

48 minutes ago, JoeyDeaconsCat said:

Speculating on the causes / reasons or whatever behind someone suicide on a public form is pretty scummy to be fair. I don't feel the need to defend any of my comments in that context as StT sort of set an unachievable benchmark of scumminess there. Only an idiot would make such unsubstantiated claims publicly, and only another idiot would attempt to provide additional commentary on such idiotic conspiracy nonsense. 

For the avoidance of doubt, you were asked for reasonable clarification concerning your comments, you have not thought it prudent evidently to do that a logical conclusion is that you are unable to provide evidence and or clarification to your prevous posts. Your other observations generally are emotionally charged and of limited use, and I think might be best described as baseless. Nobody asked you to defend anything, you were not being attacked.

Just now, La Colombe said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we were all sort of expecting every page of the redacted report to be scanned, uploaded to a site and the URL shared here and in online media. After that build up we would be otherwise disappointed. 

Well I expect someone would not want to see posters on Manx Forums disappointed, we will have to wait and see won't we?

48 minutes ago, newsnight said:

I wouldn't be surprised in slightest if every page of the redacted report was to be scanned, uploaded to a site and the URL shared here and in online media, no I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Are you planning on doing this then? 

I think the Mods would probably have an issue as it would make them liable for allowing its publishing. 

1 hour ago, censorship said:

Ignoring the 'contributions' of JoeyDeaconsCat (which appears to be a sensible thing to do on all occasions) and returning to the substance of the issue, I understand that with reports like this there may need to be time for a draft report to be viewed by interested parties to ensure there are no glaring errors etc. However, it's clear that's not what is happening here. Comment on the outcome of the investigation was held until the last sitting before the recess, and instead of delivering the report they withheld publication until an 'action plan' can be drawn up. The fact we are now in parliamentary recess means there's no opportunity for politicians to question on the floor of the House the withholding of the report, so there's plenty of time to whitewash, water down, parachute out the guilty and ensure no one is ever held accountable when it is made public in October. And by also publishing an action plan, they can use the old and tired expressions 'lessons learned' and 'recommendations already addressed'. The delay in publication clearly isn't a period for consultation, to ensure accuracy etc, as the families have been given redacted versions which would limit their ability to comment. This is about doing everything possible to dilute the severity of the findings and avoid anyone being held responsible. It's clear the report, at least the current version before it is watered down, must be absolutely damning otherwise they wouldn't be bothering to go to such lengths to avoid public and political scrutiny of it until they've had time to brush everything under the carpet and straighten the skeletons in the cupboard.

It's such a shame that the public, and most politicians, allow this behaviour to pass without comment. Look at the report into the Attorney General's Chambers. It was essentially 'hidden' for a couple of years and when released under FOI, with all its shocking revelations, the only parliamentary question on it was 'how much'. No seeking reassurance of improvements, no questioning of why it was withheld. Just 'how much'.

Not everyone is interested in children and family services, and many probably think you deserve everything you get if they end up involved in your life. But surely everyone should be interested in an independent report into YOUR government, paid for by YOU, being suppressed for several months to ensure its true findings are never properly revealed.

People accuse anyone who doesn't trust government of believing in outlandish conspiracies. But here's a clear example of government doing all it can to hide and dilute damaging criticism of its work. They should be interested in protecting the people, by ensuring the findings of an independent investigation are immediately made public and acting upon them straight away. Instead they are only interested in looking after their own.

And we let them get away with it.

Speak the Truth talks about the redacted report being sent to UK media. There may be some interest, but why rely on them? We live in a digital age, one which should make this sort of government suppression, censorship and cover-up a thing of the past.

In my view, every page of the redacted report should be scanned, uploaded to a site and the URL shared here and across social media so the public can see what their government is hiding from them. We should show them they cannot mislead and lie to us any more.

I've come late to these discussions and I apologise for that, but if the independent report is being delayed/diluted/otherwise messed about with in the way you describe, surely that would incur the ire of the person(s) who have written it. Why aren't they jumping up in public and saying "The IOM government is attempting to subvert our work which is completely unacceptable and up with which we will not put. Firstly, we put government on notice that we are publicly expressing our outrage at this behaviour and secondly, we are unilaterally publishing the report now".