Jump to content
Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Cronky

Children's Social Services - Will we ever get it right?

Recommended Posts

Perhaps Mr Thomas has succumbed to the mystery illness which appears to have resulted in several social workers taking sick leave recently. It is most unfortunate for such a bout of illness to hit the division so badly, especially with the report due to be published this week. It's a shame they won't be at work to bask in the warm glow of being fully exonerated. I wish them all a speedy recovery and hope they don't end up on sick leave for a long period, ultimately resulting in early retirement with a lump sum payment and pension entitlement.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, maynragh said:

Couldn’t help but notice that you completely ignored my question.

Is that because...

A) You don’t have an answer

or

B) You don’t want to answer

Either way, by using a public forum to publicise your campaign but then refusing to debate the matter you’re in danger of making yourself look like a hypocrite - which I’m sure you’re not. Just an observation. 

 

 

I apologise for leaving you feeling frustrated, ignored, maltreated and no doubt wondering if there is any point in asking questions as you never get replies.

Having taken instruction from social services I was not aware that I was under any obligation to reply to any questions that may be posed, obviously, like social services, I have no evidence of this instruction or the fact that in my file on you it clearly states, repeatedly, that you refuse to work with other posters, you control and manipulate all those you interact with and repeatedly minimise your aggressive posts.

Thankfully, like social services, I can be very selective in what I report and have no requirement to evidence any of my statements because I am a Professional.

If you wish I will send you a leaflet on my complains procedure, but please be aware that due to my social services training, my current cake consumption will preclude me from responding to your complaint within the defined time frame. 

I can assure you that an efficient and well used system is in place to pass any complaint around every desk in the civil service prior to ignoring it. 

If you persist in lodging your complaint after this it will confirm that you can not work with Professionals and this excuse will be used to file all further correspondence from you.

I am confident that all questions asked and points raised have been addressed in full and that the answers given satisfy me.

Should you persist in questioning my Professionally Recognised Professional Opinion legal action will be taken to Professionally Protect my Profession.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Speak The Truth said:

I apologise for leaving you feeling frustrated, ignored, maltreated and no doubt wondering if there is any point in asking questions as you never get replies.

Having taken instruction from social services I was not aware that I was under any obligation to reply to any questions that may be posed, obviously, like social services, I have no evidence of this instruction or the fact that in my file on you it clearly states, repeatedly, that you refuse to work with other posters, you control and manipulate all those you interact with and repeatedly minimise your aggressive posts.

Thankfully, like social services, I can be very selective in what I report and have no requirement to evidence any of my statements because I am a Professional.

If you wish I will send you a leaflet on my complains procedure, but please be aware that due to my social services training, my current cake consumption will preclude me from responding to your complaint within the defined time frame. 

I can assure you that an efficient and well used system is in place to pass any complaint around every desk in the civil service prior to ignoring it. 

If you persist in lodging your complaint after this it will confirm that you can not work with Professionals and this excuse will be used to file all further correspondence from you.

I am confident that all questions asked and points raised have been addressed in full and that the answers given satisfy me.

Should you persist in questioning my Professionally Recognised Professional Opinion legal action will be taken to Professionally Protect my Profession.

So it is hypocrisy then. Fair enough. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, maynragh said:

So it is hypocrisy then. Fair enough. 

Just to help you out here is the definition of the word you used.

hypocrisy

 (hɪˈpɒkrəsɪ)

n, pl -sies
1. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behaviour, esp thepretence of virtue and piety
2. an act or instance of this
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
 
Sounds like a very apt word to describe social workers.
Well done!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Speak The Truth said:

Just to help you out here is the definition of the word you used.

hypocrisy

 (hɪˈpɒkrəsɪ)

n, pl -sies
1. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behaviour, esp thepretence of virtue and piety
2. an act or instance of this
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
 
Sounds like a very apt word to describe social workers.
Well done!

It describes your actions if you won’t answer a simple question. That’s the point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't just tempt us with the cover page and the envelope it came it, scan and post the whole thing!

 

Please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Robinson said:

"Independent"  - hmmmmmmmmm

But comes in an envelope from DHSC.   :huh:Image.jpg.2f0c4fae730e0b41f98f2606b7b78a0f.jpg  

Three points

You have sort of outed yourself as a member of one of the families.  OK - your call - but not sensible.

Secondly - the envelope is from a department which was abolished in 2014.  They are probably just using old stuff from the cupboard.

Finally, the report has been published now with the Tynwald order paper - http://www.tynwald.org.im/business/opqp/sittings/Tynwald 20162018/2017-GD-0053.pdf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no leg in this matter but just one read through of that report screams "Social care is a job that employs thick people that need social care themselves". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Boo Gay'n said:

Three points

You have sort of outed yourself as a member of one of the families.  OK - your call - but not sensible.

Secondly - the envelope is from a department which was abolished in 2014.  They are probably just using old stuff from the cupboard.

Finally, the report has been published now with the Tynwald order paper - http://www.tynwald.org.im/business/opqp/sittings/Tynwald 20162018/2017-GD-0053.pdf

Every letter will be slightly different So they can identify any whistleblowers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a massively exciting report.  I was pleased to see them pick up on the unfair treatment of fathers though. 

I suspect Speak the (sort of) Truth is going to have a  epic meltdown .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I expect he's punching the walls screaming REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...