Cronkbourne Village For Sale

Addie

Good luck to whoever buys them .............. money pit, and you would have Government civil servants, Building Control, Conservation and other busy bodies on their backs. It would be hard to do anything that everyone can agree with.

As I read it they're going as a job lot. They won't be selling them off individually so families can stay there and do them up or for people to buy a cheap house to get off the housing list. It will go as a job lot cheap to a developer who will make a killing.

• Like 2

You need to be short and thin to live there too. One of my mates had one of them years ago.

I remember visiting one of them as a kid. I think the dude who lived there was some sort of hippie or artist.

I went there to see a Mini he had for sale, later went on to be some sort of technical bod at the Manx museum.

^ liked because I agree, not because I like it one bit!!!!

If you break the asking price down by 33 properties it's about £45k each. I think they should give grants to first time buyers to buy and do them up rather than flog off to a developer to develop as a job lot. That would potentially get lots of people off the housing lists and give them something to invest their time and efforts into. But they won't do that. They'd prefer to flog the lot off and let anyone on the FTB list to take out a £150k loan to buy a shoe box of Dandara instead.

Yes the houses might not be ideal but for £45k plus maybe £35-40k on top to do up they would give a lot of people a home and a small mortgage for under £100k. I think they're missing a trick but then again all I can see here is a potential property for land swap so that Braddan Commissioners can get a deal of a developer to build more social housing. So much for Jessops new age environmental credentials.

Edited by BossHogg
  • Like 2