Fireworks

wrighty

So, just been down the prom to watch the display. Eventually cancelled due to technical difficulties.

I can just imagine New Year in London - BBC commentary something like this:

"And just as Big Ben strikes midnight to herald in 2017, we await the spectacular display of fireworks over the Thames. Hold on, I hear there'll be a slight delay. In an effort to save money, London has contracted out the organisation of the display to Douglas Corporation. We'll hopefully start the display to see in the New Year at about half-past two, giving the army of operatives in their Hi-Viz jackets a few hours overtime while they mill around doing nothing. Perhaps they forgot to pack the matches"

Bet the sponsors of this unspectacular non-event are happy.

So, just been down the prom to watch the display. Eventually cancelled due to technical difficulties.

I can just imagine New Year in London - BBC commentary something like this:

"And just as Big Ben strikes midnight to herald in 2017, we await the spectacular display of fireworks over the Thames. Hold on, I hear there'll be a slight delay. In an effort to save money, London has contracted out the organisation of the display to Douglas Corporation. We'll hopefully start the display to see in the New Year at about half-past two, giving the army of operatives in their Hi-Viz jackets a few hours overtime while they mill around doing nothing. Perhaps they forgot to pack the matches"

Bet the sponsors of this unspectacular non-event are happy.

Douglas Corporation apparently can't even properly send ratepayers money up in smoke any more.

• Like 2

Douglas Corporation apparently can't even properly send ratepayers money up in smoke any more.

There's only one thing worse than spending thousands of pounds on fireworks and simply exploding them. And that's spending thousands of pounds on fireworks and not exploding them.

• Like 7

My little chipolata is frozen after that.

I'm glad I parked up in the taxi rank and kept my little chipolatas warm.

Lost interest by 8 30 and left. Shambles

It could be worse. You could have put a kid on a bouncy castle the Corporation was organizing setting up and ended up swimming in the bay.