• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's only one thing worse than spending thousands of pounds on fireworks and simply exploding them. And that's spending thousands of pounds on fireworks and not exploding them.  

This is what happens when gawne gets voted out.

Travel ALL THE WAY to Ramsey? Are you mad?

Posted Images

If the pyro company has had a control system failure then they will probably try to reschedule the show. It's easier and safer to go ahead and fire the stuff than to dismantle, ship and store it again.

This is why you should always have a backup control system.

I think they were set out on the beach, below the high tide line.

Couldn't they just keep pushing the water back with the seaweed tractor?

• Like 3

Why celebrate it anyway? Its a british holiday, nothing to do with us.

It's hilarious to see the comeovers importing their customs, whilst getting all worked up about immigration and the destruction of their culture back home.

Ahaaaa but the IOM newsrag put a tenuous link to somebody Manx or knew somebody who was Manx so that makes it okay now

Yes the link was via Peter Heywood. He was more scouser than Manx as I recall. Had his historical seat, at that time, outside of Ormskirk if I remember correctly. Subsequent generations had a better Manx connection.

After all that - rather disappointing compared to previous years IMHO!

Aye, fireworks are a bit 1980's or was that 1600's? What they need is something new, something exciting, like digital image mapping which is not brand new but it's more new than fireworks laser shows and a decent sound system. They could completely get rid of the music, that might actually add to the night.

People have expectations when they go somewhere to watch something, fire works are boring but we're programmed to go and see them, then say "Oooh, Ahhhh." then moan about how crap they were and go home. I want something new to moan about. :)

Aye, fireworks are a bit 1980's or was that 1600's? What they need is something new, something exciting, like digital image mapping which is not brand new but it's more new than fireworks laser shows and a decent sound system. They could completely get rid of the music, that might actually add to the night.

People have expectations when they go somewhere to watch something, fire works are boring but we're programmed to go and see them, then say "Oooh, Ahhhh." then moan about how crap they were and go home. I want something new to moan about. :)

Need something like this

https://youtu.be/APpw6ZKIQ3I

People have expectations when they go somewhere to watch something, fire works are boring but we're programmed to go and see them, then say "Oooh, Ahhhh." then moan about how crap they were and go home. I want something new to moan about. smile.png

They aren't boring! The noise, fire and light are very transporting and primal. Laser light shows are all very well, but there's no smoke, no drama, no solar plexus thumpiing explosions.

In Spain, no village fiesta is complete without a huge fusillade of sky-burst mortar shells, almost always fired during the day. Love it.

It's hilarious to see the comeovers importing their customs, whilst getting all worked up about immigration and the destruction of their culture back home.

Not as funny as the Manxies joining in. And driving around with England flags in their cars for the footie, yessir. w00t.gif

• Like 1

Firework night doesn't seem as much fun for the youngsters these days. Far too many girly fireworks these days.

30 years ago you could buy bangers, bazookas and airbombs by the dozen for reasonable money and basically turn your local town into Beirut for the night. Johnny Meads selling off huge rockets last minute for giveaway pricesw00t.gif

I doubt there is a confined space in Ramsey that provided a decent echo that didn't get an airbomb or three popped in there by a group of us.thumbsup.gif