Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
censorship

Isle of Man Newspapers Awards for Excellence 2016

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, MrPB said:

Peel tip the Harrods of the West.

FFS 

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=52003

No the best one is. Government department who engages PR agency wins award from said PR agency for public sector achievement (presumably for employing public sector PR agents to say how great they are) 

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=52007

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cabinet Office responsible for running "The Year of Our Island"?

Was this the year that had everybody asking, "What's on then?"

What did they do? What was on, apart from the norm?

Are these awards for mediocrity?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Grounds Keeper Willy said:

No the best one is. Government department who engages PR agency wins award from said PR agency for public sector achievement (presumably for employing public sector PR agents to say how great they are) 

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=52007

Don't be silly that was for 'year of our island' amazing celebration of spending dead peoples money, Chris Thomas total legend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CharlieBrown said:

Don't be silly that was for 'year of our island' amazing celebration of spending dead peoples money, Chris Thomas total legend.

Yes but didn’t the Cabinet Office engage Lansons over that campaign? So they got an award from the people they gave a contract to, for awarding a contract on a campaign to the PR agency that gave them an award? Honestly it’s just taking the piss. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Grounds Keeper Willy said:

Honestly it’s just taking the piss. 

Have you only just clocked these awards for the first time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder if Pokerstars will get an award for the fastest vacating of a jurisdiction..?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CharlieBrown said:

Have you only just clocked these awards for the first time?

Well yes but honestly that’s just blatantly taking the piss. A failed campaign they advised on, gets an award, from them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, rodders said:

 

How could you not predict Manx Gas for the Customer Service award???

Holy flurking shnit! I thought it was a joke? Really?

The prisoners will be up for reality show of the year next - best showcasing of an island - at this rate.

Any last vestige of credibility this award sham might have had...has well gone tonight.

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Albert Tatlock said:

The prisoners will be up for reality show of the year next - best showcasing of an island - at this rate.

who did it better? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...