Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
censorship

Isle of Man Newspapers Awards for Excellence 2016

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Any last vestige of credibility this award sham might have had...has well gone tonight.

I have to agree they’ve now circumvented all possible basis in reality. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Kate Beacroft award for Peace and Harmony goes to.....Kate Costain.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Grounds Keeper Willy said:

I have to agree they’ve now circumvented all possible basis in reality. 

You do know Dandara have won international awards for house building, the IOM newspapers awards are just playing catch up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The question for Claire Christian is - if you chucked a match into your own shop would you get caught with the last days takings and paying in books stuffed in your pockets like your father did when he burnt down his own failing retail business in Strand St. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

The question for Claire Christian is - if you chucked a match into your own shop would you get caught with the last days takings and paying in books stuffed in your pockets like your father did when he burnt down his own failing retail business in Strand St. ?

Her retail business is obviously not a failure it is officially excellent.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dandara got a couple too. Including Freedom to Flourish award. As long as there's green fields to concrete over they'll flourish on....

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

The question for Claire Christian is - if you chucked a match into your own shop would you get caught with the last days takings and paying in books stuffed in your pockets like your father did when he burnt down his own failing retail business in Strand St. ?

The reality is that you are not fit to wipe her shoes. Get real.

Claire Christian is and always has been a lovely lady and a bloody good minister. She paid the price for what people thought about her father,. ( rightly or wrongly)

 Far too many people form opinions without the knowledge or having lived in the era to understand how things work. 

Claire is as genuine as you can get and it irks me to see arseh***s getting a cheap laugh out of mocking what they don't understand.

You really are a despicable person Mr HF

Edited by dilligaf
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only had one dealing with Charles Kerruish, a rather bizarre phone call where he rambled on about sheep and lavender. Never did find out why he was calling me about it, I couldn't think of single reason what either had to do with me. He died not long after so I suspect he wasn't all there towards the end. Had many dealings Claire Christian and always found her pleasant, interested and intelligent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Claire Christian is and always has been a lovely lady and a bloody good minister.

Her couture designs are a bit outlandish

 images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSdRXgSZJ_EajOsjI5ZUmb

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dilligaf said:

The reality is that you are not fit to wipe her shoes. Get real.

Claire Christian is and always has been a lovely lady and a bloody good minister. She paid the price for what people thought about her father,. ( rightly or wrongly)

 Far too many people form opinions without the knowledge or having lived in the era to understand how things work. 

Claire is as genuine as you can get and it irks me to see arseh***s getting a cheap laugh out of mocking what they don't understand.

You really are a despicable person Mr HF

Alcohol induced nostalgia is always brilliant

Wrong person Dilli - but your deference and hero worship to the old money and Govt of a long gone era somehow shines through.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dilligaf said:

The reality is that you are not fit to wipe her shoes. Get real.

Claire Christian is and always has been a lovely lady and a bloody good minister. She paid the price for what people thought about her father,. ( rightly or wrongly)

 Far too many people form opinions without the knowledge or having lived in the era to understand how things work. 

Claire is as genuine as you can get and it irks me to see arseh***s getting a cheap laugh out of mocking what they don't understand.

You really are a despicable person Mr HF

This is a different CC Dilli, but the original was a woman of more intelligence and ability than one can find in Keys today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CharlieBrown said:

You do know Dandara have won international awards for house building, the IOM newspapers awards are just playing catch up.

The ones who built my daughters house must have been blindfolded then as a challenge !!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...