Promenade Resurfacing

I would have liked to have seen the same specification put out to tender, even if to major UK contractors. Perhaps then some comparisons could have been made in costs and timescale. DOI workers, I'm sure, could still have been gainfully employed elsewhere if that tender had been put out to contract.

• Like 3
  • Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We could do this annually for the next 499 years and still be quids in. Had they not blown 1.6 mill on consultancy fees we could have done it for the next 40 basically for free.

http://m.iomtoday.co.im/news/isle-of-man-news/gawne-temporary-fix-on-douglas-prom-is-a-waste-of-taxpayers-money-1-8259524   You couldn't make it up.   You're not in the job anymore and when you we

Yes sadly I agree. He held some promise for about 6 weeks until they fitted him with the remote control device where the civil servants send the words straight to his brain using radio waves. That who

Posted Images

Are we getting ripped off by the DoI? Yes, most definitely. £20 million is only the cost of prescriptions for about 16 months... but you know full well it's going to end up more like £30 million.

We do not have a homeless problem. It's just what happens when defective people are allowed to be born and live without assistance. 

We have a food bank, which I've used, and I don't struggle for money for food, it's just there for free food and is full of "I'M HELPING" types of people. This whole "more food banks than ever" is bullshit. It's no different than the past - we've always had "food banks", they've just been called different things. 

Medicine? Loads of people still get free prescriptions and they're massively subsidised if you do have to pay for them. If I had to pay, which I don't, a fiver per prescription isn't going to break the bank.

5 minutes ago, Tarne said:

We do not have a homeless problem. It's just what happens when defective people are allowed to be born and live without assistance. 

Oh that only chestnut again. We'll be back to mongs and spazmoids and euthanasia again at this rate. You'll have to up your trolling it's getting repetitive. 

• Like 3