worst web site ever?

I find the irrelevant clickbait ads on there that also appear on many other sites (they just appear all over the Internet) especially annoying. Eg child stars who grew up ugly. Or something with a picture of Kim Kardashian on it. Is anyone dopy enough to click on them and actually generate ad revenue for them? And the flashplayer or gif ads often cause the page to freeze.

And then there's the illiteracy.

Edited by llap
  • Like 1

The new owners do seem to be more on the ball. Then again, Wikipedia says the dude who owns the company banned coverage of anti-war protests prior to the invasion of Iraq in all his papers or something like that. Can we expect any intervention like that here or will the local papers have editorial autonomy?

Expect a new look website from their new owners soon. Much more IoM focused than what is there at present I hear.

The new owners don't tend to do websites, so this must be an heroic new initiative by Butt Jnr

I find the irrelevant clickbait ads on there that also appear on many other sites (they just appear all over the Internet) especially annoying. Eg child stars who grew up ugly. Or something with a picture of Kim Kardashian on it. Is anyone dopy enough to click on them and actually generate ad revenue for them? And the flashplayer or gif ads often cause the page to freeze.

The content of those ads and sites tends to determined by whatever websites you've been looking at.

The content of those ads and sites tends to determined by whatever websites you've been looking at.

No, not the ads I'm talking about. I have Internet access via various businesses, homes and public areas and I see the same ones on the Daily Mail site as on the Huffington Post as on IOM Newspapers. They're generic. They're not the same as google ads where you go on Amazon looking up dildos and then you see them advertised on your Facebook. The ads I'm talking about are the same everywhere.