Meat Plant "Losses now commercially confidential"

Page 4 of the Indy. Meat Plant currently receiving £380k subvention but "underperformed" in latter half of last year with some recovery since. Figures commercially confidential now....do we deserve to know, given the subvention?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Until we get honest and open government with the light of day shining brightly on most things it undertakes, the sort of constant costly failures we keep seeing will continue to happen. The whole etho

But if there is no competition I can't see how they can invoke commercial confidentiality.   Are the annual reports of the meat plant published anywhere?

And all of this stems from the Manx inflated opinion of self importance which landed around about the time the money arrived. Everybody patted everybody else on the back and congratulated themselves o

It's the buzz phrase of 2016 folks, 'Commercial Confidentiality'.

May be Alf Cannan really meant things would be much ,much worse regarding secrecy when he said "it won't be more of the same" when commenting on the new administration.

There was a Freedom of Information response published recently in relation to staffing costs at the Meat Plant. If I am reading the response correctly, an employee was paid £10,944 for a month's work in July 2016.

Link: https://www.gov.im/media/1354217/meat-plant-staff-costs-disclosure-log.pdf

Wow. I wonder what he does?

Cleans the bogs.

• Like 1

There was a Freedom of Information response published recently in relation to staffing costs at the Meat Plant. If I am reading the response correctly, an employee was paid £10,944 for a month's work in July 2016.

Link: https://www.gov.im/media/1354217/meat-plant-staff-costs-disclosure-log.pdf

Cleans the bogs.

It must be with his tongue for that money.

• Like 2

Cleans the bogs.

Barrie Stevens would do it for half that...

• Like 3

As up to 12% of the population are vehemently anti-animal cruelty, including the wholesale torture & slaughter of animals for food, surely more consideration should be given to this distasteful aspect of society paying its own way, instead of being reliant on tax-payer grants and government subsidies or support? Just saying.

• Like 5

As up to 12% of the population are vehemently anti-animal cruelty, including the wholesale torture & slaughter of animals for food, surely more consideration should be given to this distasteful aspect of society paying its own way, instead of being reliant on tax-payer grants and government subsidies or support? Just saying.

I'd disagree.

Not about whether a subsidy or it being self sufficient is right or not but that the debate should revolve around the opinions of people on whether it is cruel or not. It isn't operated as a place of torture and cruelty.

• Like 1

If God didn't want us to eat meat He wouldn't have made it taste so good....

If God didn't want us to eat meat He wouldn't have made it taste so good....

.....and he wouldn't have made animals out of it.