Meat Plant "Losses now commercially confidential"

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Until we get honest and open government with the light of day shining brightly on most things it undertakes, the sort of constant costly failures we keep seeing will continue to happen. The whole etho

But if there is no competition I can't see how they can invoke commercial confidentiality.   Are the annual reports of the meat plant published anywhere?

And all of this stems from the Manx inflated opinion of self importance which landed around about the time the money arrived. Everybody patted everybody else on the back and congratulated themselves o

I've persuaded all my children to name their kids 'Grant'.

They'll all do well I'm sure.

Been a very popular name for many years in some Island circles.....

• Like 1

If Quayle owns (and I'm asking cos I don't know) part of the meat plant...then....

In most lands, that would be a reason for the PM to have to quit.

Does he?

Wouldn't that be disclosed in the Register of Members Interests?

So pretty much just slightly higher Manx meat prices on the island, UK Meat prices stay the same. Butchers should do well out of it though

Yep, not seeing that we need this meat plant after all

I have plagiarised some of this from another site but ..

We heavily subsidise famers who produce meat, then we heavily subsidise the abattoir to market expensive meat that a good section of the population cannot afford and will buy more cost effective imports available on the island !

This surely is the economics of the madhouse !!

• Like 3

A combination of following EU regulation and ensuring we have slaughter facilities in place for when the bomb drops and we can't get the imports I think?

*Edited for sense!

Edited by homarus

We heavily subsidise famers who produce meat, then we heavily subsidise the abattoir to market expensive meat that a good section of the population cannot afford and will buy more cost effective imports available on the island !

The economics of the mad slaughterhouse.

• Like 1

We heavily subsidise farmers to produce meat which is then processed by the heavily subsidised slaughterhouse which is operated by the farmers.

And the clear winners are....?

ETA typo, ETA correction

Edited by Non-Believer
  • Like 2

We need facilities for slaughter if god forbid we lost off Island supplies for any length of time ,agreed though the unit we have is far too expensive!

I have visions of hundreds of dead UK migrants lying outside Tescos blood stained ,scratched boarded up windows while the few Manx that are left are out in the countryside catching rabbits and fishing!!

I quite fancy that!

• Like 1

We heavily subsidise farmers to produce meat which is then processed by the heavily subsidised slaughterhouse which is owned by the farmers.

ETA typo

Which farmers own it then?

Also, it seems to me to be a pretty much valueless item to own in private hands. Essentially it is State owned.

The economics of the mad slaughterhouse.

The mad economics of the slaughterhouse

We heavily subsidise farmers to produce meat which is then processed by the heavily subsidised slaughterhouse which is owned by the farmers.

ETA typo

Which farmers own it then?

Also, it seems to me to be a pretty much valueless item to own in private hands. Essentially it is State owned.

People who want to eat animals should pay for it

• Like 1