Meat Plant "Losses now commercially confidential"

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Until we get honest and open government with the light of day shining brightly on most things it undertakes, the sort of constant costly failures we keep seeing will continue to happen. The whole etho

But if there is no competition I can't see how they can invoke commercial confidentiality.   Are the annual reports of the meat plant published anywhere?

And all of this stems from the Manx inflated opinion of self importance which landed around about the time the money arrived. Everybody patted everybody else on the back and congratulated themselves o

We heavily subsidise farmers to produce meat which is then processed by the heavily subsidised slaughterhouse which is owned by the farmers.

And the clear winners are....?

ETA typo

Which farmers own it then?

Also, it seems to me to be a pretty much valueless item to own in private hands. Essentially it is State owned.

I dunno who do we ask ? you can bet your bottom dollar this information is well buried !

I've just been reading about the company. It's amazing.

Would you employ a dentist to be a doctor? Would you employ a ships captain to fly a plane?

Why the hell is it considered a good idea for 5 small time farmers to be responsible for the running of a large scale food manufacturing business with millions of pounds of Manx tax payers money at stake?

• Like 6

I've just been reading about the company. It's amazing.

Would you employ a dentist to be a doctor? Would you employ a ships captain to fly a plane?

Why the hell is it considered a good idea for 5 small time farmers to be responsible for the running of a large scale food manufacturing business with millions of pounds of Manx tax payers money at stake?

Because the 5 small time farmers probably get 5 big time payouts.

• Like 4

We need facilities for slaughter if god forbid we lost off Island supplies for any length of time ,agreed though the unit we have is far too expensive!

I have visions of hundreds of dead UK migrants lying outside Tescos blood stained ,scratched boarded up windows while the few Manx that are left are out in the countryside catching rabbits and fishing!!

I quite fancy that!

We could just eat each other

We need facilities for slaughter if god forbid we lost off Island supplies for any length of time ,agreed though the unit we have is far too expensive!

I have visions of hundreds of dead UK migrants lying outside Tescos blood stained ,scratched boarded up windows while the few Manx that are left are out in the countryside catching rabbits and fishing!!

I quite fancy that!

You'd have to ,I don't think the immigrants would have the skills to catch food from what I've seen!

Someone needs to invent a 3d scanner that can make edible cheese and ham sandwiches ,panic over !

I quite fancy that!

You'd have to ,I don't think the immigrants would have the skills to catch food from what I've seen!

Someone needs to invent a 3d scanner that can make edible cheese and ham sandwiches ,panic over !

Judging by the number of fat manxies I know, I don't think the locals would fair much better...

• Like 1

From what I have heard, yes it has, a few months ago. What conclusions have been drawn is anyone's guess!

But surely a government funded review should be in the public domain?

Wot like the steam packet one by the OFT which I believe cost the public purse a huge amount but has never surfaced ? ... I agree with you many of the islands problems are caused by clumsy government attempts at secrecy !

• Like 1