Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
enbee

Another case of poor treatment by the Isle of Man health service.

Has the lady lost the use of communication?

I'm sorry but you are talking nonsense. It's blood pressure ffs.

Mine goes up every time you post.

• Like 2

how on earth has the original case been able to get repeat prescriptions without seeing a GP for so long ? they will only give repeats for so long without a review.

(also sounds like someone has been reading all the guff in the tablet package about side effects :-o )

• Like 2

My own GP's surgery are right on the case with periodic reviews.

I wish you well. That's a tough condition...a bloke having periods.

I prescribe a jar of leeches.

Their all busy (or not) working for government.

• Like 1

We have a marvellous health service, of course we do, but in the same breath there are things that are pretty shit about it, including the level of competence of some of the doctors. And please don't start me on the repugnance of elements of the administration.

I say this from first hand family experience. What allows people to be shit and lazy and incompetent? It is because they get away with it once and if no one says or does anything and they aren't going to be picked up on it, then they will continue with their ways.

As with all walks of our society, this all boils down to our politicians, our representatives. But hey, generally speaking, once they are in there, they look after the staff, the staff, the staff, at all costs.That's the way the system works and it is shit.

The Health Services on the Isle of Man can be a bit of a lottery. It helps if you are the daughter of say, a former President of Tynwald, as accentuated in a letter in last week's Isle of Man Examiner:

post-35905-0-49303400-1480772202_thumb.jpg

(no offence intended to the letter writer, who I happen to know, but I think the letter illustrates up to a point what I have said)

I do remember reading on here john wrights account of a hospital stay and it not particularly resonating with my own and others experience. The potentially squeaky wheel gets the oil, or so they say

• Like 1

Has the lady lost the use of communication?

I'm sorry but you are talking nonsense. It's blood pressure ffs.

Mine goes up every time you post.

That can be unhealthy if not treated.

We have a marvellous health service, of course we do, but in the same breath there are things that are pretty shit about it, including the level of competence of some of the doctors. And please don't start me on the repugnance of elements of the administration.

I say this from first hand family experience. What allows people to be shit and lazy and incompetent? It is because they get away with it once and if no one says or does anything and they aren't going to be picked up on it, then they will continue with their ways.

As with all walks of our society, this all boils down to our politicians, our representatives. But hey, generally speaking, once they are in there, they look after the staff, the staff, the staff, at all costs.That's the way the system works and it is shit.

The Health Services on the Isle of Man can be a bit of a lottery. It helps if you are the daughter of say, a former President of Tynwald, as accentuated in a letter in last week's Isle of Man Examiner:

attachicon.gif20161129 IME p letters.jpg

(no offence intended to the letter writer, who I happen to know, but I think the letter illustrates up to a point what I have said)

NHS or BUPA I wonder though.

NHS or BUPA I wonder though.

I really think that needs an explanation?
What do you think the question means? Think about what it asks, and then maybe give it a guess?