Jump to content

Bushy's To Defend.....


ManxTaxPayer
 Share

Recommended Posts

Bit of a shambles really. My guess is that certain elements of our government, basking in the well oiled environment of a subsidised hospitality tent, have been seduced by the smooth talk of braces wearing, PR guru types, waffling about things like very strong brands moving forward, and untapped revenue streams coming online etc, etc. Total nonsense of course for a basket case like the TT, but heady stuff in the moment. The inebriated moment where we're in here, being big and important, and they're all out there, little and unimportant. Sounds great! Let's do it!  Cheers! (Ooh, I feel a bit dizzy...) 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I notice he says most of the enforcement action have been on tip offs. What's the betting that it's the merchandise rights holder flexing his muscles?  Also I note that Rob talks about redrafting the agreement next time to allow more flexibility for charities. 

 

Maybe the public should make make the point that we stand with local charities and businesses by not buying any official TT Tat this year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, La Colombe said:

Bit of a shambles really. My guess is that certain elements of our government, basking in the well oiled environment of a subsidised hospitality tent, have been seduced by the smooth talk of braces wearing, PR guru types, waffling about things like very strong brands moving forward, and untapped revenue streams coming online etc, etc. Total nonsense of course for a basket case like the TT, but heady stuff in the moment. The inebriated moment where we're in here, being big and important, and they're all out there, little and unimportant. Sounds great! Let's do it!  Cheers! (Ooh, I feel a bit dizzy...) 

Rob Callister came out with "...going forward in the future.." this morning. Yop that! I've been wondering who the first self important numpty would be to use an extended version of that already hackneyed meaningless phrase. He also said "..at this moment in time.." in the same interview but I think that has become standard.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Declan said:

I notice he says most of the enforcement action have been on tip offs. What's the betting that it's the merchandise rights holder flexing his muscles?  Also I note that Rob talks about redrafting the agreement next time to allow more flexibility for charities. 

 

Maybe the public should make make the point that we stand with local charities and businesses by not buying any official TT Tat this year. 

Far too much TT tat anyway.

What the TT lacks (and has done for 15 - 20 or so years now) is TT t*ts. Best free entertainment with no hassle or aggro.

The PC lot need to p*** off and let the bikers ( and locals) have a bit of fun.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Far too much TT tat anyway.

What the TT lacks (and has done for 15 - 20 or so years now) is TT t*ts. Best free entertainment with no hassle or aggro.

The PC lot need to p*** off and let the bikers ( and locals) have a bit of fun.

Bring back Miss Wet TT shirt on a Lido-like stage. And binoculars for those on the balcony...:lol:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Non-Believer said:

Bring back Miss Wet TT shirt on a Lido-like stage. And binoculars for those on the balcony...:lol:

Everyone would be happy then. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...