British Road Race Cycling Championships

notwell

Reading that article all we have bought seems to be absolutely shit publicity about how ridiculously expensive and time consuming it is to get here; and that's from teams in a sport that is allegedly reasonably cash rich.

http://road.cc/content/news/216858-if-british-cycling-doesnt-have-enough-problems-riders-revolt-over-2017-national

Edited to add article link.

I think it's all a bit cheeky really.

Like with any sport people are involved in at a national or international level you choose which events you can make and what to prioritise .

This the the main National UK championship event. If you don't want to prioritise that over a minor event in Belgium or Holland then don't.

Those that value the competing and want to compete will be here. Those that don't, won't.

I wouldn't let this tail wag the dog IMHO.

• Like 3

But it's not that expensive to get here... It makes no sense.

Hotels will price to maximise profit. They know if they charge too little, they'll fill up too soon. And they know if they charge too much they won't sell the rooms, all that talk about price capping is bullcrap.

The hotel pricing is a red herring. They are not suddenly going to increase pricing. It's hardly prime busy in the last weekend of June. Plenty of places to stay and actually plenty of room to secure a decent deal if you have a number of people in your party.

Surely Rob Callister can't be wrong? After all he is the 'future', the new breed of MHK.

The hotel pricing is a red herring. They are not suddenly going to increase pricing. It's hardly prime busy in the last weekend of June. Plenty of places to stay and actually plenty of room to secure a decent deal if you have a number of people in your party.

Surely Rob Callister can't be wrong? After all he is the 'future', the new breed of MHK.

Rob Callister is usually wrong. Presumably they should have priced it all up and considered the logistics before deciding to go ahead with it (paid for by us)? It looks to me like they called it completely wrong. Too focused on Cav and the link to the IOM and not on why anyone would actually want to run a round in the IOM given the increased costs and the logistics.

Reading that article all we have bought seems to be absolutely shit publicity about how ridiculously expensive and time consuming it is to get here; and that's from teams in a sport that is allegedly reasonably cash rich.http://road.cc/content/news/216858-if-british-cycling-doesnt-have-enough-problems-riders-revolt-over-2017-national

Edited to add article link.

I think it's all a bit cheeky really.

Like with any sport people are involved in at a national or international level you choose which events you can make and what to prioritise .

This the the main National UK championship event. If you don't want to prioritise that over a minor event in Belgium or Holland then don't.

Those that value the competing and want to compete will be here. Those that don't, won't.

I wouldn't let this tail wag the dog IMHO.

I couldn't give a crap what you think.