thundersnow

the stinking enigma

As I've said in a previous post from years ago, I lurk and read... Very rarely post anything. However tonight, I feel the need to contribute. Especially in this thread...

There was a quick flurry of sleet and snow in Douglas late tonight. Around 2.30am. After that, there was a flash of lightning followed by thunder. Quick enough between the two to suggest it was within a few miles (maybe less) of Douglas.

What interests me is why all the street lights kicked in at the same time as the lightning flash (exactly the same time). Not the obvious street lights as they were already lit, but the 'fairy' lights we don't usually see until Easter!

They're still all fully lit now, at almost 10 past 3. Never seen that before either (I work a lot of night shifts - before the trolls have a go at my sleeping habits).

So then... Why did the seafront lights decide help us out when the lightning hit? What (instantly) triggered them? Planned or just an accident?

Wow Circal, Remarkable that all these years on these boards there's been some considerable controversy, elections, death, corruption, more corruption, TT, MGP, TT, MGP, PL, TJ, MTP, Juan says sorry, etc and your 2nd post is about some thunder fairy lights, love it.