More dodgy dealings from Living Hope

LesC

Unfortunately, far to many young CSP or Investment employees become directors of Companies and simply follow orders from their line managers or bosses without giving any consideration to their fiduciary and statutory duties to the Company and its Shareholders.

In the main to be appointed a director as described the person has to be approved by the IoM FSA. What you are suggesting is that the IoM FSA are not doing their job probably if individuals are acting in such a matter and regulated firms expect or require staff to act in such a matter.. Presumably as an MHK and a member of DED who I think the FSA come under you are doing something to ensure that this is corrected.

Unfortunately, far to many young CSP or Investment employees become directors of Companies and simply follow orders from their line managers or bosses without giving any consideration to their fiduciary and statutory duties to the Company and its Shareholders.

In the main to be appointed a director as described the person has to be approved by the IoM FSA. What you are suggesting is that the IoM FSA are not doing their job probably if individuals are acting in such a matter and regulated firms expect or require staff to act in such a matter.. Presumably as an MHK and a member of DED who I think the FSA come under you are doing something to ensure that this is corrected.

Prior to 2009 very few checks were being made in respect of an individual's experience and qualifications - today, anyone appointed has to have the relevant experience and qualifications to fulfil the role being undertaken.

As for the FSA, have they done a great job - no

The FSC (now FSA) should have gone into the Louis Group in 2009 when they closed the investment fund.

Prior to 2009 very few checks were being made in respect of an individual's experience and qualifications - today, anyone appointed has to have the relevant experience and qualifications to fulfil the role being undertaken.

The FSC (now FSA) should have gone into the Louis Group in 2009 when they closed the investment fund.

Key staff, which would include those appointed to be directors of client companies, have had to be improved since the licensing of CSP's was introduced, although I agree that over time the FSA have made it slightly more difficult to approve.

Having said that it does not mean that anybody appointed does not act in the way you stated or are expected to act in such a manner by some firms. Also in your post you used the current tense so meaning that the practice continues. So I ask the question again what as an MHK and a member of DED are you doing to ensure that this is corrected?

I'd be suprised if the FSA comes under DED. It wouldn't make sense.

I'd have to disagree with you there Rob. From my experience I think that the FSC and the IPA were very diligent in their review and approval of key staff prior to 2009. However it still falls to the individuals who are running a company to make sure that they are full aware and comply with their fiduciary duties.

I'm sure Rousseau, being a pastor and all, is a very nice chap, but if he is not fit to be a director of a company, then how can he be fit to be a pastor? A pastor is supposed to be a leader of the religious community, someone who can safeguard people's souls, guide them on their journey through life and all that.

If he can't tell if a company that he is managing is corrupt and fraudulently misleading their investors then he is either the village idiot or he deliberately allowed it to happen. This is pretty black and white, its not just a case of "simply following order", its about a moral obligation to look after money that people have entrusted you with. He will have seen and been aware of what was happening and he deliberately allowed it to happen.

I'm sure he has a nice family behind him, the living hope mafia, by the sounds of it, but that doesn't make him a nice person, nor does being a pastor make him a nice person, nor does smiling and being outwardly friendly to others make him a nice person.

I admit I'm making judgements based on his actions rather than knowing the guy, but having seen the crap that the living hope comes out with, and knowing he is heavily involved in that as a pastor, so is directly involved with manipulating people's lives, and now knowing that he was directly involved in a lot of people getting royally ripped off, then I think my judgement has a sound footing.

Edited by Bellefield
  • Like 3

I'm sure Rousseau, being a pastor and all, is a very nice chap,

Being a pastor doesn't make someone a nice man, you utter utter idiot.

I'm sure he has a nice family behind him, the living hope mafia, by the sounds of it, but that doesn't make him a nice person, nor does being a pastor make him a nice person,

Wise words, my friend. Wise words.

• Like 1

The "nice chap" bit was for effect, a caricature of Rob's earlier comments about Rousseau being a "nice guy"

He is not just a nice chap he is a saint, and he calls people dude so he's cool as well, his geography stinks mind - https://rousseaumoss.wordpress.com/2015/08/11/get-out/

he is a saint, and whilst not working he loves to watch Jesus on the TV

I didn’t expect to see the end of the program that just started. Person of Interest starring Jim Caviezel

I didn't know who Jim Caviezel was so looked him up...

"James Patrick "Jim" Caviezel[1] (born September 26, 1968) is an American actor, best known for portraying Jesus Christ in the 2004 film The Passion of the Christ. "