Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Manx Bean

Deepwater for Cruise Ships

This outfit have made themselves look twats by going public with this. It’s nonsense. I now know  where not to go for sensible architectural services. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

This outfit have made themselves look twats by going public with this. It’s nonsense. I now know  where not to go for sensible architectural services. 

My thoughts echoed. Must be using the any publicity is good publicity marketing approach, but when this undermines your credibility???

• Like 2

5% p.a. interest on £50million would be £2.5m p.a.

25,000 visitors coming ashore spending £100 each to generate that sum per year on a tt week spend methodology.

The numbers alone dont seem to stack but i accept there's an infrastructure / future proofing issue in the longer term. GB cruises might be best market because of possibilty of follow up visit if one day stop is a shop window. 

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Uhtred said:

Oh shit, it turns out these guys are serious about it. Hahahahaha! :D

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/cruise-terminal-plans-to-solve-douglas-parking-problem/

• Haha 1

Brilliant. A cruise terminal to solve parking problems. Let’s have a Felt Museum to tackle homelessness.

• Haha 8

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

Oh shit, it turns out these guys are serious about it. Hahahahaha! :D

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/cruise-terminal-plans-to-solve-douglas-parking-problem/

A 180 acre floating island off Scarlett might be a better investment though. It’s hard to really differentiate the merits of the two at first glance. Maybe we should pay for both just in case? 

B6CD4BC4-5074-47A6-83E3-C2AA619A034D.jpeg

Edited by MrPB
Spelling
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Brilliant. A cruise terminal to solve parking problems. Let’s have a Felt Museum to tackle homelessness.

Don’t forget the monorail to get them to town and back...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

A monorail to bring world peace. I really mean that one though.

• Like 1

Man! ...somebody actually turned up at the MR studio and actually said all that without actually laughing?

A true comedian. Wow...respect.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Don’t forget the monorail to get them to town and back...

I think you mean the “Ebola vaccine” monorail.

• Like 1

In a way this entire complete and utter shambles epitomises everything that's wrong with IOMG.

They're blindly stumbling into a massive outlay of public money on a project with clearly no proven financial basis and there's NO process in place to stop them!

I can't help thinking that in an organisation with a paucity of good ideas ANY idea, no matter how stiupid, is siezed upon as the solution to the public sector pension deficit.

Because there's nothing else on offer...

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, P.K. said:

In a way this entire complete and utter shambles epitomises everything that's wrong with IOMG.

They're blindly stumbling into a massive outlay of public money on a project with clearly no proven financial basis and there's NO process in place to stop them!

I can't help thinking that in an organisation with a paucity of good ideas ANY idea, no matter how stiupid, is siezed upon as the solution to the public sector pension deficit.

Because there's nothing else on offer...

I always thought that politicians elected democratically should be allowed to decide what was best for us. I am now of the opinion that I was wrong.

These idiots should be stopped in their tracks before we are sold too far down the river to paddle back.

This scheme is absolutely mental. It just has to be a joke.

• Like 4

I have made about 6 posts now since being on the naughty step for 14 days and 14 hours (?) so will sign out now before I am banned for good ( having amassed 9 bans)

• Haha 2