Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
fatshaft

So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

3 minutes ago, woody2 said:

no i didn't- once the reason why reporting restrictions had been put in place......

Fair enough. 

5 hours ago, woody2 said:

come on you know all about the wto and tariffs......

#not

Says the poster who thought that WTO tariffs on  the UK importing Irish cheese would "make the tinkers pay"....?

In a way the fact that Woody2 has been left to do the honours unsupported by all the rabid brexiteers on here speaks volumes about the veracity of their case?

Of course, they're all too busy etc etc etc....

Yeah. Right....

The point is, Woody doesn’t know how much trade with the US is done with scheduled WTO tariffs and how much is WTO rules only. I think he assumes the U.K. will be able to roll over a proportional share of the EU tariff, but that’s a topic he finds deeply confusing.

As it is, on average the US puts 1.5% on EU goods, but as a bigger market the EU is able to put, on average, a slightly higher tariff on US goods (1.9%). So the U.K. has excellent trade with the US as it is, without the US dictating terms (such as food safety). I think Woody is convinced the US will offer the same terms to the U.K. after Brexit as exists now. The reality is that the U.K. will have to cobble together some schedules before leaving, otherwise minimum non-schedule tariffs apply, which will kill U.K. exports to the US stone dead. The US (and every other jurisdiction) knows the U.K. is desperate, and as everyone who’s ever done business knows, that means a severe shafting - or, as Woody calls it; ‘sovereignty’.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, P.K. said:

... all the rabid brexiteers on here ... 

:rolleyes: Hysterical :lol:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, P.K. said:

Says the poster who thought that WTO tariffs on  the UK importing Irish cheese would "make the tinkers pay"....?

In a way the fact that Woody2 has been left to do the honours unsupported by all the rabid brexiteers on here speaks volumes about the veracity of their case?

Yeah. Right....

it will......

i see even your mate clegg has managed to get a job......

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

The point is, Woody doesn’t know how much trade with the US is done with scheduled WTO tariffs and how much is WTO rules only. I think he assumes the U.K. will be able to roll over a proportional share of the EU tariff, but that’s a topic he finds deeply confusing.

As it is, on average the US puts 1.5% on EU goods, but as a bigger market the EU is able to put, on average, a slightly higher tariff on US goods (1.9%). So the U.K. has excellent trade with the US as it is, without the US dictating terms (such as food safety). I think Woody is convinced the US will offer the same terms to the U.K. after Brexit as exists now. The reality is that the U.K. will have to cobble together some schedules before leaving, otherwise minimum non-schedule tariffs apply, which will kill U.K. exports to the US stone dead. The US (and every other jurisdiction) knows the U.K. is desperate, and as everyone who’s ever done business knows, that means a severe shafting - or, as Woody calls it; ‘sovereignty’.

your miles out.....

10 hours ago, P.K. said:

Yeah. Right....

Are you so self important that you can't imagine anyone would have something more important or more enjoyable to do than butt heads with you on a forum?  Your side lost.  Deal with it.  I'm off out into the hills to walk my dog, which is more important and enjoyable. 

• Like 1

why haven't they had a referendum on if a march should take place......

8 minutes ago, Freggyragh said:

#woodyfact

Dp8K08AWkAA5uVt.jpg.1b3fa40105fd82c483972749872710b6.jpg