Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
fatshaft

So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Barrie Stevens said:

Speaker Bercow once told the house "I am not happy!" to which one MP asked "Then which one of them are you?" 

stupid woman..........

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

.........is one of his favourite sayings.........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, woody2 said:

socialist bercow won't release what legal advice he has had.........

Yes. Rather ironic I thought.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, woolley said:

Yes. Rather ironic I thought.

especially when he has gone against it........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, woolley said:

Yes. Rather ironic I thought.

What legal advice?

It's obvious to anyone with a modicum of intelligence that The Maybot thinks that if they vote down her deal she can time the HoC out and we'll crash out with no deal. So "vote for my deal or else" are the options she's putting to the HoC.

Ex AG Grieve has now opened the debate to allow all sorts of proposals prior to the 29th March.

So the Maybot's "My way or the high way" is now "My way or pick and mix".

Have to say Grieve is the ONLY tory MP I have any time for....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, P.K. said:

 

Have to say Grieve is the ONLY tory MP I have any time for....

 

Steady on with this heresy.

What about Anna Soubry? Ken Clarke?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, woolley said:

Steady on with this heresy.

What about Anna Soubry? Ken Clarke?

Steady on with this heresy.

Soubry and Clarke are Remainers. IIRC Clarke is Father of the House? Anyway.

Having watched the BBC I am forced to conclude that Bercow hasn't taken legal advice. I don't think there's any laws around what he can or can't do. Procedural advice almost certainly.

Like any sensible adult he knows that the Gov were trying to railroad Parliament and so he allowed Grieve's amendment. The HoC voted to pass it thus giving control of the brexit so-called "process" back to parliament. Where it should be.

Oh the irony! One of the central planks of Brexit was "Taking back control" and the "Sovereignty" of parliament yet tomorrow morning the UK right wing press, which is pretty much all of it, will no doubt be pillorying Bercow for all they're worth. They really are pathetic. Just how stupid do you have to be to read their nonsense? Bercow just allowed the amendment to be debated. It's the HoC who voted to accept it and Bercow only has a vote in the event of a tie. They should be directing their ire at the MP's but they won't. Expect lots of "Bercow supports Labour" (errr maybe you should have given a free brexit vote?), "Bercow is against brexit", "Bercow is an enemy of the people" etc etc ad nauseam.

But brexiteers shouldn't complain. After all, it's what they voted for....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Steady on with this heresy.

Soubry and Clarke are Remainers. IIRC Clarke is Father of the House? Anyway.

Having watched the BBC I am forced to conclude that Bercow hasn't taken legal advice. I don't think there's any laws around what he can or can't do. Procedural advice almost certainly.

  Expect lots of "Bercow supports Labour" (errr maybe you should have given a free brexit vote?), "Bercow is against brexit", "Bercow is an enemy of the people" etc etc ad nauseam.

But brexiteers shouldn't complain. After all, it's what they voted for....

 

You said that Grieve was the ONLY Tory you had any time for. That was why I mentioned Soubry and Clarke. I know quite well that they are rabid remainers.

Of course Bercow is against Brexit. He is on record as saying so. He is allowing his prejudice to overrule the essential impartiality of the Speaker. He'll be out in his arse soon anyway and he knows it, so he is taking the opportunity to cause as much damage as possible.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-parliaments-46810616

Edited by woolley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, woolley said:

You said that Grieve was the ONLY Tory you had any time for. That was why I mentioned Soubry and Clarke. I know quite well that they are rabid remainers.

Of course Bercow is against Brexit. He is on record as saying so. He is allowing his prejudice to overrule the essential impartiality of the Speaker. He'll be out in his arse soon anyway and he knows it, so he is taking the opportunity to cause as much damage as possible.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-parliaments-46810616

So you view giving "sovereignty" and "control" of the brexit process back to parliament rather than leaving it with the government as "causing as much damage as possible"....?

Dear me. Think you've forgotten that the HoC voted on it and passed it.

And sensible people everywhere will be mightily relieved.

But not the zealots...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, P.K. said:

So you view giving "sovereignty" and "control" of the brexit process back to parliament rather than leaving it with the government as "causing as much damage as possible"....?

Dear me. Think you've forgotten that the HoC voted on it and passed it.

And sensible people everywhere will be mightily relieved.

But not the zealots...

He went against advice and precedent for his own prejudices. His rulings will make it difficult for governments of all colours in the future to progress their business through Parliament. He is out of order.

Edited by woolley
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, woolley said:

He went against advice and precedent for his own prejudices. His rulings will make it difficult for governments of all colours in the future to progress their business through Parliament. He is out of order.

His track record to date would tend to point elsewhere.

Keep sucking those lemons!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, P.K. said:

Steady on with this heresy.

Soubry and Clarke are Remainers. IIRC Clarke is Father of the House? Anyway.

Having watched the BBC I am forced to conclude that Bercow hasn't taken legal advice. I don't think there's any laws around what he can or can't do. Procedural advice almost certainly.

Like any sensible adult he knows that the Gov were trying to railroad Parliament and so he allowed Grieve's amendment. The HoC voted to pass it thus giving control of the brexit so-called "process" back to parliament. Where it should be.

Oh the irony! One of the central planks of Brexit was "Taking back control" and the "Sovereignty" of parliament yet tomorrow morning the UK right wing press, which is pretty much all of it, will no doubt be pillorying Bercow for all they're worth. They really are pathetic. Just how stupid do you have to be to read their nonsense? Bercow just allowed the amendment to be debated. It's the HoC who voted to accept it and Bercow only has a vote in the event of a tie. They should be directing their ire at the MP's but they won't. Expect lots of "Bercow supports Labour" (errr maybe you should have given a free brexit vote?), "Bercow is against brexit", "Bercow is an enemy of the people" etc etc ad nauseam.

But brexiteers shouldn't complain. After all, it's what they voted for....

 

no it doesn't.......

none of the amendments so far change anything.........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, woody2 said:

no it doesn't.......

none of the amendments so far change anything.........

You may want to tell that to ranty man of Westminster who was on LBC yesterday evening.

Apparently he was heading to Belgravia Police Station to report a mugging.  His view was that Bercow and Grieve had mugged him of his democratic rights and were planning to stop Brexit.  A caller shortly after kindly informed him that Belgravia Police Station would be closed by the time he arrived :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

You may want to tell that to ranty man of Westminster who was on LBC yesterday evening.

Apparently he was heading to Belgravia Police Station to report a mugging.  His view was that Bercow and Grieve had mugged him of his democratic rights and were planning to stop Brexit.  A caller shortly after kindly informed him that Belgravia Police Station would be closed by the time he arrived :)

no need.........

the pm was already going to give a statement tuesday night/ wednesday morning if she lost the vote......

it only requires a motion to be tabled.........no debate.......

i suspect plan-b is plan-a with a bit more bullsh1t......

the so called votes are non legally binding if they go ahead......so pointless.......

tick tock........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×