Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
fatshaft

So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

Recommended Posts

Go easy Bazza, we don’t want another leaver to disappear from the forum with hurt feelings. You need special terms for these sensitive souls, otherwise they get very upset. Be very careful presenting the facts too, remember, they believe in ‘alternative facts’ and for them the word ‘expert’ is a term of abuse. 

Try ‘alternative intelligence’ for moron or fool, and ‘creative solutions’ for complete and utter fantasy. I’m afraid that’s what they’re used to now. It comes from the top, where ‘global trade deals’ means keeping the shelves stocked in the Faroes Spa. 

Edited by Freggyragh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

And...???

Just the EU made Apple stump up £12.7 Bn.

That's all.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the words of Monty Python's Life of Brian:

"What did the EU ever do for us?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

In the words of Monty Python's Life of Brian:

"What did the EU ever do for us?"

Well for me I got free double glazing, parquet floor, fitted kitchen and wetroom under an EU funded stipulation. Bit like the Romans bringing, villas, hypocausts and baths.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

A heartfelt sentiment but the poor soul has nothing to do with the Brexit shitstorm currently raging around his earholes and probably feels la bit left out.

So what better way to get noticed than threatening nuclear powers with his shiny new toy...?

Can't fault the logic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2019 at 11:42 PM, Freggyragh said:

Go easy Bazza, we don’t want another leaver to disappear from the forum with hurt feelings. You need special terms for these sensitive souls, otherwise they get very upset. Be very careful presenting the facts too, remember, they believe in ‘alternative facts’ and for them the word ‘expert’ is a term of abuse. 

Try ‘alternative intelligence’ for moron or fool, and ‘creative solutions’ for complete and utter fantasy. I’m afraid that’s what they’re used to now. It comes from the top, where ‘global trade deals’ means keeping the shelves stocked in the Faroes Spa. 

Nah, Freggy. I think you are assigning the hurt feelings to the wrong side. Such arrogance and indignation from those who thought, believed, knew they were 100% right for their whole lives and the other side were 100% wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, can we expect Chris Grayling to do the right thing and resign after the whole shipping company with no ships, a website copied and pasted from a chip shop and now has no backers?

Yet another Brexit Ballsup to add to the catalog of errors.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/feb/09/government-cancels-brexit-ferry-contract-with-no-ship-firm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, woolley said:

Nah, Freggy. I think you are assigning the hurt feelings to the wrong side. Such arrogance and indignation from those who thought, believed, knew they were 100% right for their whole lives and the other side were 100% wrong.

Yep.

That's Nigel Farage for you....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RIchard Britten said:

So, can we expect Chris Grayling to do the right thing and resign after the whole shipping company with no ships, a website copied and pasted from a chip shop and now has no backers?

Yet another Brexit Ballsup to add to the catalog of errors.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/feb/09/government-cancels-brexit-ferry-contract-with-no-ship-firm

Expect a brexiter to do the right thing? I’m afraid that would be contrary to all previous behaviour. What you can expect is everyone else to be blamed for talking down the possibility of ‘creative solutions’ to the lack of ships and no plan for running a shipping company problem. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Freggyragh said:

Expect a brexiter to do the right thing? I’m afraid that would be contrary to all previous behaviour. What you can expect is everyone else to be blamed for talking down the possibility of ‘creative solutions’ to the lack of ships and no plan for running a shipping company problem. 

He's not called "Failing Grayling" for nothing.

Consider the facts. A critical state contract was given to a company that not only had no boats but had never run a ferry service. There was no proper tendering process, so the Transport Secretary dressed up his move – which might have broken the law – as support for a British start-up.

His department claimed “a wide range of operatives” had been invited to tender, yet there was only one bid. Grayling insisted his team had “looked very carefully” at the business – but failed to notice it seemed to have copied terms and conditions from a pizza delivery service on its website.


https://inews.co.uk/opinion/chris-grayling-ferry-contract-brexit-failing/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, woolley said:

Nah, Freggy. I think you are assigning the hurt feelings to the wrong side. Such arrogance and indignation from those who thought, believed, knew they were 100% right for their whole lives and the other side were 100% wrong.

I started out quite neutral, but over time it has become quite clear that the brexiters were not interested in being right, only in feeling right. I have been checking the things they say, and it is pretty obvious that it is just made up. They promised all the deals the EU had would be rolled over - wrong, they promised great new deals - wrong, they promised a strong negotiating position - wrong, they promised deals with individual EU states - wrong, they promised new border processing technologies - wrong, they promised control of borders - wrong. You stick your fingers in your ears and scream if the truth hurts your feelings. The leavers on here have all gone into hiding because they now know they’ve been lied to and they’ve been cheerleading their own diminished futures. It’s just a question of where they direct their anger - against the ones who lied to them, or the ones that shattered the illusions. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good news people, the UK have signed another trade deal. This time it is Switzerland, so no need to panic buy those Toberlone anymore. This momentous deal is the fourth the UK has signed, the others being:

Chile

The Faroe Islands

Eastern and Southern Africa

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-47196636

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

The leavers on here have all gone into hiding... 

Nope. They're just all busy moving their business interests out of the UK and to Dublin etc.... :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×