Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
fatshaft

So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

10 hours ago, woolley said:

But the subjects of the images you are posting are not guesswork. They are based on physics.  Financial projections years into the future are guesswork. Hence the analogy does not work. 

What a wonderful building La Sagrada Familia is becoming.

@woolley

So according to you all the data on the UK's really pretty decent GDP performance in the EU is completely ignored and folks just make guesses.

Right.

Oh, of course. As a brexiteer you just HAVE to ignore the UK's past performance in the EU because otherwise it would make the coming leap into the dark look really really stupid.

Got it....

Very bad news that the ERG  (now rebranded as "The Spartans" - so Rees-Moggs personal diminutive rotund fag Mark Francois is a "Spartan" then - hilarious!) have approached the Attorney General for guarantees that should there be no FTA by the end of the transition period (31/12/20?) then the default statutory position would be to leave without a deal.

So on the one hand Johnson has to court the Spartan Ultras (hah!) and on the other hand deal with a great unknown (to him) namely principled politicians like Ken Clarke.

Little wonder he wants a GE....

35 minutes ago, P.K. said:

What a wonderful building La Sagrada Familia is becoming.

@woolley

So according to you all the data on the UK's really pretty decent GDP performance in the EU is completely ignored and folks just make guesses.

Right.

Oh, of course. As a brexiteer you just HAVE to ignore the UK's past performance in the EU because otherwise it would make the coming leap into the dark look really really stupid.

Got it....

uk has one well because it's leaving.......eu is in decline........#projectfear was wrong then and is now......

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

My word, the Woodybot is really going all out to trigger today...

britten first is back......

• Haha 2

Where exactly, without caveat, do you stand on JRM's or any similar person's right to do the same?

You and the forum jeerer appear to have concluded from my original post that I have an opinion either way about Mogg's rather strange choice. I didn't then and still don't.

Generally speaking however, I don't think anyone has the right to harass or bully another and that includes high profile politicians.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ballaughbiker said:

You and the forum jeerer appear to have concluded from my original post that I have an opinion either way about Mogg's rather strange choice. I didn't then and still don't.

Generally speaking however, I don't think anyone has the right to harass or bully another and that includes high profile politicians.

remoans trying to justify attacking jrm and his son by saying ......."rather strange choice"......... is the same as...... "she was wearing a short skirt, so she was asking for it"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, P.K. said:

The fact remains that JRM knew it would be something of a scrimmage. Yet he still took his kid along.

So he's either spectacularly stupid or, which I suspect, he wanted it to go the way it did to make a point about the great unwashed.

After all, he has previous.

It's the sort of thing Rebekah vardy would do.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, woody2 said:

yes......lets not forget a remoan killed a mp......

The MP I am referring to is Jo Cox (Batley and Spen) who died after being shot and stabbed multiple times by Thomas Alexander Mair.

At the time of his crime he was regarded as being sane.  It was his belief that liberal and left-wing political views, and the mainstream media, were the cause of the world's problems.  (I realise that could apply to several individuals on ManxForums).  Jo Cox was a passionate defender of the EU and immigration.  Mair saw her as a collaborator and a traitor.

I hope you can see why I, and several current MP's, have taken issue with the language used by Boris Johnson et al when referring to the "surrender act" and the use of other inflammatory language based on the case above.

I hope that the likes of Wooley and Quilp, who I feel are fairly reasonable, can point out to you how stupid your statements are.

As I have said I do not agree with the remain campaigners shouting abuse at JRM in the presence of his son.  In fact many remain campaigners have also condemned that action.

Boris Johnson has been denied the opportunity to hold a second vote on his Brexit deal in the House of Commons after the Speaker, John Bercow, ruled that it would be “repetitive and disorderly”.

Bercow said it would break longstanding conventions for MPs to debate and vote on the agreement struck in Brussels last week, little more than two days after Saturday’s historic sitting.

“Today’s motion is in substance the same as Saturday’s motion, and the house has decided the matter. Today’s circumstances are in substance the same as Saturday’s circumstances,” Bercow said in the Commons on Monday.

He added: “The motion will not be debated today, as it would be repetitive and disorderly to do so.”

Well, it's Bercow's job to stick to the protocols. And that's despite Boris Johnson stamping his feet and declaring "I'll thcream and thcream and thcream until I'm thick if you don't let me have my meaningless vote...!"

Of course, all the rabid brexiteers will claim that Bercow has overstepped his authority etc etc plus other meaningless bollox....

40 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Well, it's Bercow's job to stick to the protocols. 

Except where it suits his EU supporting agenda, when  he has repeatedly bent them out of all recognition to facilitate delay and procrastination in this process. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, woolley said:

Except where it suits his EU supporting agenda, when  he has repeatedly bent them out of all recognition to facilitate delay and procrastination in this process. 

Proof?

2 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

The MP I am referring to is Jo Cox (Batley and Spen) who died after being shot and stabbed multiple times by Thomas Alexander Mair.

At the time of his crime he was regarded as being sane.  It was his belief that liberal and left-wing political views, and the mainstream media, were the cause of the world's problems.  (I realise that could apply to several individuals on ManxForums).  Jo Cox was a passionate defender of the EU and immigration.  Mair saw her as a collaborator and a traitor.

I hope you can see why I, and several current MP's, have taken issue with the language used by Boris Johnson et al when referring to the "surrender act" and the use of other inflammatory language based on the case above.

I hope that the likes of Wooley and Quilp, who I feel are fairly reasonable, can point out to you how stupid your statements are.

As I have said I do not agree with the remain campaigners shouting abuse at JRM in the presence of his son.  In fact many remain campaigners have also condemned that action.

how do you know this?........:rolleyes:

your agenda just like most liberals is to attack anyone that questions your view and use cox for your own gains.....

as i said before it was a terrible thing to happen and i hope he rots forever more.....

jo cox said In her maiden speech that her area had been “deeply enhanced by immigration”........2 weeks before it was announced that 1500+ children had been raped within 10 miles of her office.......she knew what had beeen going on but labour mp's and councils ignored it......

• Like 1

the bercoff is doing just as bj wants.....next a major change to the bill and it's ge time........

3 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

the surrender act is the correct term...it passes all power to the eu......bj didn't use any other terms......go and read hansard rather than extremist lefty news outlets......

and.......

33 minutes ago, woody2 said:

how do you know this?........:rolleyes:

your agenda just like most liberals is to attack anyone that questions your view and use cox for your own gains.....

as i said before it was a terrible thing to happen and i hope he rots forever more.....

jo cox said In her maiden speech that her area had been “deeply enhanced by immigration”........2 weeks before it was announced that 1500+ children had been raped within 10 miles of her office.......she knew what had beeen going on but labour mp's and councils ignored it......

What's going on here Woody? This is almost written in normal english.