Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
fatshaft

So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, woody2 said:

Wow, Woody referencing The Guardian, we are living in strange times.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhodesia's_Unilateral_Declaration_of_Independence

BORIS speaks in terms of a declaration of independence. Some want it. Others oppose. I recall the last time a PM did that when not all the country agreed. It ended in a mess and then Mugabe. Naturally I was in the House of Commons that day Even then I was aware of being in the presence of history as it were...It was an educational school trip. So far these high flown declarations have caused trouble galore. ie American declaration, Irish 1916, Rhodesia and now Boris thinks he is Thomas Jefferson.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Barrie Stevens said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhodesia's_Unilateral_Declaration_of_Independence

BORIS speaks in terms of a declaration of independence. Some want it. Others oppose. I recall the last time a PM did that when not all the country agreed. It ended in a mess and then Mugabe. Naturally I was in the House of Commons that day Even then I was aware of being in the presence of history as it were...It was an educational school trip. So far these high flown declarations have caused trouble galore. ie American declaration, Irish 1916, Rhodesia and now Boris thinks he is Thomas Jefferson.....

I like to think that Barry was at every major historical event, ever, in the entire history of mankind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Wow, Woody referencing The Guardian, we are living in strange times.

i didn't read or click on them.......i would need a tetanus injection........

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

 

I wasn't aware that you manufactured anything, rather that you provided a service. I thought you were a sound and vision events type person (no idea what that is called in the trade)?

 

I work for a manufacturing company based in the EU, exports to other EU countries do not need any paperwork (unless you count the standard delivery note that accompanies all deliveries). The export of goods with a value over 1000€ to non EU countries require a minimum of signed and stamped declarations of origin cerificates (which can be combined with the delivery note) and the documentation showing an MRN (Movement Reference Number) from Customs. To get an MRN you have to enter the order details (weights, value, origins, customs numbers, etc.) into the Customs system and wait for their clearance. Exports to some countries require even more documentation (certificates of origin signed by the chamber of commerce) and some even require clearance against being a dual use item (generally something that could be used for other purposes, normally weapon related).

 

 

 

i know how it works :rolleyes: clearly you don't.....

and the ni doc is a exit summary declaration (the same as any other uk port with this deal) not a regular customs declaration......

another non-story......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, woody2 said:

i know how it works :rolleyes: clearly you don't.....

and the ni doc is a exit summary declaration (the same as any other uk port with this deal) not a regular customs declaration......

another non-story......

If I don't understand it then UPS, DHL, TNT and various haulage firms must not understand it either, because from the beginning of this week and until further notice they will not take any deliveries to the UK without full customs clearance and completed paperwork. Maybe it is just different for moving mobile discos across borders.

At the moment no customs paperwork is required for goods moving from any EU member country to the UK. Even if no specific additional declaration is required to move goods imported from the EU into Northern Ireland and then onwards into England, Wales or Scotland, it will still be necessary for customs declarations to get them into Northern Ireland in the first place. That is an additional level of paperwork that did not previously exist, which I do not see as being the end of the world but it is different to what you claim ("having to print more of the same documents that you need now"). Goods exported from the UK to the EU will require customs declarations, something that is not necessary at the moment, so again that will be different to what you claim. I don't see any of that a problem or a sticking point, but to say that there will be no additional paperwork is naive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

 

I wasn't aware that you manufactured anything, rather that you provided a service. I thought you were a sound and vision events type person (no idea what that is called in the trade)?

 

I work for a manufacturing company based in the EU, exports to other EU countries do not need any paperwork (unless you count the standard delivery note that accompanies all deliveries). The export of goods with a value over 1000€ to non EU countries require a minimum of signed and stamped declarations of origin cerificates (which can be combined with the delivery note) and the documentation showing an MRN (Movement Reference Number) from Customs. To get an MRN you have to enter the order details (weights, value, origins, customs numbers, etc.) into the Customs system and wait for their clearance. Exports to some countries require even more documentation (certificates of origin signed by the chamber of commerce) and some even require clearance against being a dual use item (generally something that could be used for other purposes, normally weapon related).

 

 

 

So paperwork then...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

So paperwork then...

Yes, it can also require visits to the chamber of commerce to get things signed and stamped. All costs time and money. Export and imports between EU countries doesn't require any of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

If I don't understand it then UPS, DHL, TNT and various haulage firms must not understand it either, because from the beginning of this week and until further notice they will not take any deliveries to the UK without full customs clearance and completed paperwork. Maybe it is just different for moving mobile discos across borders.

At the moment no customs paperwork is required for goods moving from any EU member country to the UK. Even if no specific additional declaration is required to move goods imported from the EU into Northern Ireland and then onwards into England, Wales or Scotland, it will still be necessary for customs declarations to get them into Northern Ireland in the first place. That is an additional level of paperwork that did not previously exist, which I do not see as being the end of the world but it is different to what you claim ("having to print more of the same documents that you need now"). Goods exported from the UK to the EU will require customs declarations, something that is not necessary at the moment, so again that will be different to what you claim. I don't see any of that a problem or a sticking point, but to say that there will be no additional paperwork is naive.

have you ever taken a truck or 7 across the eu or are you just a armchair troll.......

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Yes, it can also require visits to the chamber of commerce to get things signed and stamped. All costs time and money. Export and imports between EU countries doesn't require any of that.

no it doesn't.......stop making stuff up.......you e-mail them.......same day service......

i did 3 carnets on friday in less than 5 mins.....nothing to it......

#hystericalsnowflake

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, woody2 said:

have you ever taken a truck or 7 across the eu or are you just a armchair troll.......

 

I am not a truck driver but I do export our goods around the world. 

 

You are not a manufacturer, perhaps it is different for service providers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, woody2 said:

no it doesn't.......stop making stuff up.......you e-mail them.......same day service......

i did 3 carnets on friday in less than 5 mins.....nothing to it......

#hystericalsnowflake

 

I am not making anything up, I have to go to the chamber of commerce to get certificates of origins signed and stamped. Obviously, I am talking about where am I, I cannot say how it works where you are.

 

You are not a manufacturer, perhaps it is different for service providers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Barrie Stevens said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhodesia's_Unilateral_Declaration_of_Independence

BORIS speaks in terms of a declaration of independence. Some want it. Others oppose. I recall the last time a PM did that when not all the country agreed. It ended in a mess and then Mugabe. Naturally I was in the House of Commons that day Even then I was aware of being in the presence of history as it were...It was an educational school trip. So far these high flown declarations have caused trouble galore. ie American declaration, Irish 1916, Rhodesia and now Boris thinks he is Thomas Jefferson.....

"this one time.......at band camp........

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

I am not a truck driver but I do export our goods around the world. 

 

You are not a manufacturer, perhaps it is different for service providers?

yes i am......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...