Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
fatshaft

So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

I don't think you understand how trains work... 

Also the Eurostar is electric so doesn't go 'brum brum'.

 

Err, that was the 'point' of my post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

Err, that was the 'point' of my post.

No it wasn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

Suggest a different track by all means.

You mixed your metaphors and aren't man enough to admit it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s also confusing real life conversations with forums - thinks the forum can cut you off when you’re in the middle of trying to explain your point of view - for no apparent reason. Unlike , say Barrie, he has no understanding that forums let you bang on all day about your opinions and feelings. 
 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would a brexiteer please explain how this is "Taking back control...."....?

Thanks.

The EU has over 600 international agreements of one form or another with 160 countries around the world. ("Brussels has 49 accords with Switzerland alone, while there are 44 with the US and 38 with Norway, according to an FT analysis of the EU treaty database in 2017.")

During the transition period from next week to the end of the year, the UK expects to be able to continue to utilise all these agreements. However it is not the decision of the UK, or even the EU, to decide if these 600 plus international agreements with 160 plus countries around the world can still apply to the UK after this Friday.

The ultimate decision will be for those third countries to decide if they want to allow the UK to continue to be able to benefit from EU agreements after we are no longer EU members at 11pm on Friday.

Fortunately the EU have sent a note to them all asking on our behalf to allow UK to continue maintaining the current arrangement until December 31st 2020. But it's still up to the other countries to make their decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, P.K. said:

Would a brexiteer please explain how this is "Taking back control...."....?

Thanks.

 

1,138 pages of incorrect, irrelevant, tosh. We leave at 2300 this Friday 31/01/2020.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

1,138 pages of incorrect, irrelevant, tosh. We leave at 2300 this Friday 31/01/2020.

With posts like this I would have to agree with you:

On 1/26/2020 at 2:44 PM, Manximus Aururaneus said:

You're like the driver of a Eurostar stopped in Calais. From you high leather seat you glance over your control and instruments, then you look up through the windscreen at the bright lights of Lille, Amsterdam and Paris wondering where to take your trainload of of dumb leave voters next. 

You have yet to realise that control of the train has been switched to the other end and that upon departure your controls are defunct, your steering wheel is a plastic imitation stuck on with a rubber sucker, and that Amsterdam, Lille and Paris will be receding from view under the control of the new driver at the other end. Sit back, enjoy the ride, and shout out 'Brum Brum' whenever you feel the need.

But shouldn't it be OUR wonderful government contacting these 160 plus contries?

If not, why not?

You're a big tory-boy, what's your explanation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-51283059

"The UK has decided to let Huawei continue to be used in its 5G networks but with restrictions, despite pressure from the US to block the firm.

The Chinese firm will be banned from supplying kit to "sensitive parts" of the network, known as the core.

In addition, it will only be allowed to account for 35% of the kit in a network's periphery, which includes radio masts.

And it will be excluded from areas near military bases and nuclear sites."

So we're pissing on America's chips by:

  • Letting Huawei into our 5G network setup...despite America telling us not to
  • We're going ahead with the "Tech Tax"...despite America telling us not to

Add to this Boris's comments on the Harry Dunn situation...remind me again, why America are going to give us the best deals?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, manxman1980 said:

Don't worry Nigel Farage will talk to his buddy President Trump and will save the day.

He is a lame mule now.  Farage has no political capital to trade on.

Trump will be screening that nobody so hard now a days.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RIchard Britten said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-51283059

"The UK has decided to let Huawei continue to be used in its 5G networks but with restrictions, despite pressure from the US to block the firm.

The Chinese firm will be banned from supplying kit to "sensitive parts" of the network, known as the core.

In addition, it will only be allowed to account for 35% of the kit in a network's periphery, which includes radio masts.

And it will be excluded from areas near military bases and nuclear sites."

So we're pissing on America's chips by:

  • Letting Huawei into our 5G network setup...despite America telling us not to
  • We're going ahead with the "Tech Tax"...despite America telling us not to

Add to this Boris's comments on the Harry Dunn situation...remind me again, why America are going to give us the best deals?

Fantastic. And if the Huawei thing had gone the other way you'd have been here telling us how we're in Trump's pocket.

Do you think we should not have the tech tax? Don't you think that these multinationals have shirked their responsibilities by freeloading on the infrastructure in countries where they make billions for long enough?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't worry, trade in items like high-tech infrastructure will carry on regardless of brexit.

In any event, if you can't trust Boris Johnson who can you trust...?

That's what they say in the tory party.

Well, most of them anyway. From yesterdays Huawei debate:

 Iain Duncan Smith expressed his dismay that the prime minister was on the verge of breaking a cast-iron guarantee he had given to him. It’s so sweet that, after all this time, there are still some MPs who are surprised that Johnson doesn’t keep his promises.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, woolley said:

Fantastic. And if the Huawei thing had gone the other way you'd have been here telling us how we're in Trump's pocket.

Do you think we should not have the tech tax? Don't you think that these multinationals have shirked their responsibilities by freeloading on the infrastructure in countries where they make billions for long enough?

I think the Huawei news is fantastic.  Anything that pisses off Trump makes me happy.

And yes, if we had acquiesced to US pressure on the matter, it would have further cemented the theory that America is waiting to pick us off once we move away from the herd (goodbye health service and hello no food standards).

The same with the Tech Tax.  I think it is great news that we are attempting to take to task the seemingly untouchable tech companies.  It may bite us all in the arse when we are paying £50 a month subscriptions for Faceache or Twatter, but I think the world would probably be better off without them (although I will miss my Amazon Prime subscription...).  It is an added bonus that it sticks one finger up to the Spams. 

Edited by RIchard Britten

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

I think the Huawei news is fantastic.  Anything that pisses off Trump makes me happy.

And yes, if we had acquiesced to US pressure on the matter, it would have further cemented the theory that America is waiting to pick us off once we move away from the herd (goodbye health service and hello no food standards).

The same with the Tech Tax.  I think it is great news that we are attempting to take to task the seemingly untouchable tech companies.  It may bite us all in the arse when we are paying £50 a month subscriptions for Faceache or Twatter, but I think the world would probably be better off without them (although I will miss my Amazon Prime subscription...).  It is an added bonus that it sticks one finger up to the Spams. 

Not often you hear someone say how pleased they are through gritted teeth but you managed it three times in that short post. Well done. We had the NHS before the EU. We'll still have it after. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...