Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
fatshaft

So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

So the Liberal Elite is a term used by wealthy capitalists who want to keep their control over the sources of their income namely the normal people.

Creating an enemy of the Liberal Elite who would challenge the wealthy and governments to find another way of doing things is a handy way of ensuring that the general population focus blame elsewhere and away from the real culprits then?

Sorry if that is not well articulated but I am just gobsmacked. 

Those controlling the liberal elite agenda have absolutely no intention of doing what you say, though. Where was the liberal elite challenge to the wealthy or to powerful governments as globalisation laid waste to so many communities? They have been too cosy for too long, living high on the hog in their ivory towers and they thought that all was wonderful. They just don't understand that not everybody agreed things were so great. That's why they are shocked to the core now that so many "normal people" have bitten back to disrupt their idyll. Those "normal people" are not thick. They have simply had enough of being told what's good for them by people who have had easy lives and no clue about life at the sharp end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the term "virtue signalling" and the way it implies that folks do things for themselves in order to impress or whatever.

Hilarious. So folks should only do good deeds in secret otherwise what they do will be labeled "virtue signalling" or some such nonsense? What sort of mentality would try to belittle the good works of others by trying to denigrate their efforts with a label like that which is clearly designed to cast doubt on their motives?

I've found in the past that nasty spiteful people tend to live nasty spiteful lives. I wish them well.

Here's a nice comparison.

F1 champion Michael Schumacher gave millions upon millions to charity. For example he gave €7m to the Tsunami appeal alone. The total is apparently some €18m over the years.

Contrast that to F1 champion Lewis Hamilton and his fucking jet.

No contest....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, P.K. said:

 The fact that tariffs would be imposed on everything being exported from the UK thus making them totally uncompetitive and unsellable semmed to slip his mind.

Be afraid.

Be VERY afraid...

It would simply not be in their interest to do that. In fact they wouldn't be permitted to do so by business on the continent. So don't worry.

Why does the BBC take the line that THEY are the EU broadcasting corporation? "The EU Said they won't do a b or c." Well of course they have said that. They have never been challenged to change their line. They have never had their feet held to the fire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, P.K. said:

Smoked them both out in pretty short order.

Funny....

Don't flatter yourself. I happened to look in a couple of hours after you posted, that's all. If you'd posted a couple of days ago, I would only have seen it today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, woolley said:

It would simply not be in their interest to do that. In fact they wouldn't be permitted to do so by business on the continent. So don't worry.

Why does the BBC take the line that THEY are the EU broadcasting corporation? "The EU Said they won't do a b or c." Well of course they have said that. They have never been challenged to change their line. They have never had their feet held to the fire.

The BBC has been pretty much emasculated (apologies to the female contingent) by the tory party and the UK right wing press, which is to say pretty much all of it.

Instead of pitching brexiteer against remainer, tory against labour etc etc it's now one side gets a say one evening being interrogated by the presenter and the other side get a go the following evening. Which is pretty meaningless really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, woolley said:

Don't flatter yourself. I happened to look in a couple of hours after you posted, that's all. If you'd posted a couple of days ago, I would only have seen it today.

Ah yes....

The man who posted up MigrationWatchUK as if it "supported" his "argument" or some such.

Good laugh really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Not quite.

On here it seems that if you have an inferiority complex then you can invent all sorts of nonsense about folks that suits your agenda. Including the "elitist" badge, sneering at the proles etc etc. Jo Brand barmaid, charity worker and psychiatris nurse is, according to self-serving , lying, typical brexiteer Nigel Farage a member of the "Liberal Elite" and is determined to stop "your brexit" whatever "your" means in this context. I'm beginning to think Farage believes his own lies that brexit will be wonderful.

The fact that it exists only in the minds of the unstable and couldn't be more detached from reality is an irrelevance.

For example they simply cannot accept that pretty much all the projections indicate that brexit is a really really stupid idea. All they have to counter this is "Wait and see. In fifty years time you'll see brexit was the smart move" or some such guff. I don't like gambling. Especially when the stake is the future of my kids....

You know, PK. You could be a case study for exactly the mindset we are talking about.

Accuses others of an inferiority complex without a shred of evidence. Check.

Any contrary view is instantly dismissed as nonsense. Check.

Furthermore, anyone who holds such a view must necessarily be unstable and detached from reality. Check.

Believes everything about "projections" to support their eternal, unassailable "truth". Check.

Thinks the status quo (which will not actually exist in the future) will somehow be good "for the kids". Check.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, woolley said:

You know, PK. You could be a case study for exactly the mindset we are talking about.

Accuses others of an inferiority complex without a shred of evidence. Check.

Any contrary view is instantly dismissed as nonsense. Check.

Furthermore, anyone who holds such a view must necessarily be unstable and detached from reality. Check.

Believes everything about "projections" to support their eternal, unassailable "truth". Check.

Thinks the status quo (which will not actually exist in the future) will somehow be good "for the kids". Check.

Do me a favour.

I take a ton of shit on here with accusations of all sorts of complete and utter nonsense.

Play the ball brexiteers.

Not the man...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Ah yes....

The man who posted up MigrationWatchUK as if it "supported" his "argument" or some such.

Good laugh really.

No. Merely to illustrate a population figure that came from the official census of 1851 and which proves the popular liberal fallacy of centuries of mass immigration to Britain. That's all, as you well know. You haven't yet disputed the figure again, I notice, despite rubbishing it before you knew it was from the census. Strange that.

Just because something from a source cannot be verified, doesn't mean that everything from the same source is rubbish. If you don't understand that you miss a lot of useful information in life.

Edited by woolley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, woolley said:

No. Merely to illustrate a population figure that came from the official census of 1851 and which proves the popular liberal fallacy of centuries of mass immigration to Britain. That's all, as you well know. You haven't yet disputed the figure again, I notice, despite rubbishing it before you knew it was from the census. Strange that.

Just because not something from a source cannot be verified, doesn't mean that everything from the same source is rubbish. If you don't understand that you miss a lot of useful information in life.

I just found it completely and utterly irrelevant.

Simple as....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, woolley said:

It would simply not be in their interest to do that. In fact they wouldn't be permitted to do so by business on the continent. So don't worry.

Explain yourself please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Do me a favour.

I take a ton of shit on here with accusations of all sorts of complete and utter nonsense.

Play the ball brexiteers.

Not the man...

Now that IS funny. Physician heal thyself comes to mind. For one who hands out insults on here like confetti at a wedding, you really should not be wearing such a thin skin.

Ah yes. To add to the earlier list:

Persecution complex: Check.

Totally devoid of any sense of irony: Check.

Total lack of self-awareness of the insults they hand out to others whilst crying foul at the mildest of rebukes: Check.

A few gems from the PK archive just on this page for example:

inferiority complex

you can invent all sorts of nonsense  

sneering at the proles etc etc. 

self-serving , lying, typical brexiteer 

the minds of the unstable and couldn't be more detached from reality

brexit is a really really stupid idea.  

some such guff.

all sorts of complete and utter nonsense.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, P.K. said:

I love the term "virtue signalling" and the way it implies that folks do things for themselves in order to impress or whatever.

Hilarious. So folks should only do good deeds in secret otherwise what they do will be labeled "virtue signalling" or some such nonsense? What sort of mentality would try to belittle the good works of others by trying to denigrate their efforts with a label like that which is clearly designed to cast doubt on their motives?

I've found in the past that nasty spiteful people tend to live nasty spiteful lives. I wish them well.

Here's a nice comparison.

F1 champion Michael Schumacher gave millions upon millions to charity. For example he gave €7m to the Tsunami appeal alone. The total is apparently some €18m over the years.

Contrast that to F1 champion Lewis Hamilton and his fucking jet.

No contest....

Obviously you don't understand the meaning of virtue signalling.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Explain yourself please.

Sigh. If we both have hold of each other's testicles it is in neither of our interests to squeeze.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Ah yes....

The man who posted up MigrationWatchUK as if it "supported" his "argument" or some such.

Good laugh really.

It’s a bit late to bring it up, but I see Woolley was citing 1851 as an example of low immigration- typical English, no understanding of the history of these isles. Woolley, the general population in Ireland was subjected to genocidal famines in the decade 1841 -1851. Anything up to 500,000  Irish emigrated to the U.K. during the decade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...