Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
fatshaft

So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

4 minutes ago, woody2 said:

it's just project fear by remoans for remoans........

Look forward to your response to the next stage then, forget Yellowhammer, next up is Black Swan. 

Its like something from a really shit novel.

4 minutes ago, woolley said:

Of course they are not to be trusted. They are politicians for goodness sake. But this parliament is pushing the boundaries of convention and sound practice in seeking to get internal government correspondence published in its rabid pursuit of overturning a democratic decision that it doesn't like. Yellowhammer was published in the Sunday Times last month. Typical biased reporting of it such as 60% of goods held up at the Channel without adding that this was applicable to Day 1. Opposition there to scrutinise? Corbyn's crew? You are having a laugh now. 

I have to say that Johnson's shambles is the worst government I have ever know. And as we all know bad management starts at the top.

The thing is if you discount the UK's rabid right wing press this is the first time I have read newspaper comments like "It only took the PM five minutes to start lying" and similar. The reason they can publish statements like that is because they know that there will be no legal reaction to them.

In other words Johnson is an inveterate liar and even he knows it.

Sure Corbyn is not the most impressive character you might come across but some of his party are. But I should imagine they're despairing right now. I know I would! But as yet no sign of a putsch. But then the Opposition don't have to do much to embarrass the Government as Johnson and co are doing a fine job of that all on their own...

11 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Yeah, that could be it Woolley.

Or they could have changed it because they're all a bunch of lying fraudsters.

They know they can get away with it because the UK rabid right wing press, which is to say pretty much all of it, will cover their arses for them and anything on the beeb will be discounted as "BBC left wing bias" or similar nonsense.

It's a racket...

11 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Look forward to your response to the next stage then, forget Yellowhammer, next up is Black Swan. 

Labour MP Stephen Timms: "This is their worst case planning assumption... The worst case scenario every time I get on a plane is that it crashes and I die. Amazingly it hasn't happened yet."

:whistling:

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

good news........

:xmas:

40 minutes ago, woolley said:

Of course they are not to be trusted. They are politicians for goodness sake. But this parliament is pushing the boundaries of convention and sound practice in seeking to get internal government correspondence published in its rabid pursuit of overturning a democratic decision that it doesn't like. Yellowhammer was published in the Sunday Times last month. Typical biased reporting of it such as 60% of goods held up at the Channel without adding that this was applicable to Day 1. Opposition there to scrutinise? Corbyn's crew? You are having a laugh now. 

• Like 1

Former Tory leader Iain Duncan Smith: Operation Yellowhammer is 'like asking yourself 'Oh my God! I've got to cross the road. What if I didn't look right? What if somebody didn't stop?' This is what they're dealing with."

2 hours ago, woody2 said:

this is only the overview.......one minute the remoans claim this document is updated.....when it is updated they also complain.....:rolleyes:

it's just project fear by remoans for remoans........

So what changed in the intervening time between Yellowhammer being a base case and changing to being a worst case?

What plans and preparation have been put in place in the month or so to alleviate concerns about the impact of a no deal brexit? I haven’t seen or heard anything to suggest that the situation has improved.

Either something changed (in which case what is it?) or the documents have been doctored to make it less embarrassing for brexiteer ministers to continue to support a no deal despite the evidence of their own departments’ forecasts.

Edited by The Lurker
more bloody typo's.

2 hours ago, The Lurker said:

So what changed in the intervening time between Yellowhammer being a base case and changing to being a worst case?

What plans and preparation have been put in place in the month or so to alleviate concerns about the impact of a no deal brexit? I haven’t seen or heard anything to suggest that the situation has improved.

Either something changed (in which case what is it?) or the documents have been doctored to make it less embarrassing for brexiteer ministers to continue to support a no deal despite the evidence of their own departments’ forecasts.

since jan? a new pm spending £££££££££ to sort any problems out........read the bma letter re health planning.......france having no new checks for 9 months etc.....

it project hysteria written by remoans........

2 hours ago, woody2 said:

since jan? a new pm spending £££££££££ to sort any problems out........read the bma letter re health planning.......france having no new checks for 9 months etc.....

it project hysteria written by remoans........

Pretty sure the ‘base case’ yellowhammer docs were leaked in mid-August. 

Happy to be corrected with evidence to the contrary.