Let's be honest...bikes/cyclists cannot possibly get a 1.5m advantage...there is just not the room.

We'll end up with traffic chaos.

It'll stop the islands traffic.

We can't possibly extend the islands roads by an imaginary 1.5m overtaking zone for cyclists.

This attempt to change the law needs putting back into the world of reality and perspective.

• Like 2
  • Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There shouldn't be any need for legislation on this issue, but unfortunately some people are too fucking stupid to use common sense. Overtake when it is sensible to do so. What is so difficult to unde

Do cyclists have to leave a 1.5m gap when going up the inside of traffic ?

I currently pass cyclists with at least a 1.5m gap, I was taught to treat a cyclist as a car and give just as much space. It does cause chaos but with the state of some of the roads (especially near t

Posted Images

I currently pass cyclists with at least a 1.5m gap, I was taught to treat a cyclist as a car and give just as much space. It does cause chaos but with the state of some of the roads (especially near the edge/verge) I feel I don't have much choice, only takes the cyclist to hit a pot hole or swerve around something and suddenly your passing a lot closer than you feel comfortable with.

• Like 4

I don't ride a bike, but I fully support the proposals. On at least a weekly basis I am faced with a car driver coming towards me on a bend on the wrong side of the road because he/she has overtaken in a totally inappropriate place instead of waiting for a safe opportunity to pass. There are a lot of dickhead car drivers on this island, which is in evidence on the Mountain Road on a daily basis.

I think too many cyclists think they own the road, like their own leisurely cycling course where they can go as slow as possible and everyone else is just an inconvenient guest on their private hobby course so now we have some cyclist telling us we need to be more considerate. Well, it goes both ways, Sherlock - stop being such inconsiderate knob heads and we'll all be safer.

Edited by llap
  • Like 2

where they can go as slow as possible

As slow as possible would be not moving.

Its not a race, consideration goes both ways.

Also they might be going slow to avoid cycling through any dog poo...

You say it's not a race but some people actually do have places to get to in a hurry. You can't expect the whole world to go at a leisurely pace just because you're a smug gobshite in skintight clothing. I don't like their attitude.

• Like 1

You say it's not a race but some people actually do have places to get to in a hurry. You can't expect the whole world to go at a leisurely pace just because you're a smug gobshite in skintight clothing. I don't like their attitude.

Hyperbole much?

But you walk everywhere, its not you concern mr shitty shoes, if I am in a hurry I can get into town much quicker on a bike than with a car.