Do cyclists have to leave a 1.5m gap when going up the inside of traffic ?

No, why would they?
See what I mean? It's one rule for the skintight squad on bikes and another for all other road users. By the way, I have seen people cycling while holding a dog on the lead - I doubt they keep a supply of doggie bags nestled in those skintight trousers. Cringe.

Equally there was an ole fella in my estate blind as a bat who 'walked' his dog whilst he drove his car alongside it.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There shouldn't be any need for legislation on this issue, but unfortunately some people are too fucking stupid to use common sense. Overtake when it is sensible to do so. What is so difficult to unde

Do cyclists have to leave a 1.5m gap when going up the inside of traffic ?

I currently pass cyclists with at least a 1.5m gap, I was taught to treat a cyclist as a car and give just as much space. It does cause chaos but with the state of some of the roads (especially near t

Posted Images

Its not so much the overtaking distance that's the real issue, its the wanting to make drivers default responsible for any accident involving a cyclist and so have to prove their innocence.

Guilty until proven innocent?

Where is this cited? Having read the campaign website there is no mention of wanting to presume guilt on the driver http://www.safecyclingiom.com/.

Tell me in your ideal world would special permission be granted for those who were unable to ride a bicycle , be age or disability to drive a car on the road laugh.png .

Of course if you have a disability then you should use appropriate transport if there is a proven medical need, otherwise you should be using a bus, walking or cycling and if you commute from Ramsey to Douglas in a car then you should be in a car share scheme, we have let car culture take over and it is not sustainable.

I'm grateful I don't live in your world.

You "should" perhaps refrain from instructing others on what they "should" do .

Someone once said that anyone, over the age of 30, is seen on a bus they have demonstrably been a failure in life.laugh.png

I'm obliged by your opinions and will make my own arrangements in relation to road use, you can please yourself laugh.png

• Like 1

Its not so much the overtaking distance that's the real issue, its the wanting to make drivers default responsible for any accident involving a cyclist and so have to prove their innocence.

Guilty until proven innocent?

Still waiting for a link to where this idea of guilty till proven innocent comes from?

Had a look myself and could only find a story on Manx Radio, which merely states that in cases of accidents involving a cyclist and a car driver the motorist is at fault in 90% of cases.

http://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/drivers-90-per-cent-responsible-for-cycle-accidents/

this law will lead to more head on crashes between motor vehicles

You saying drivers can't spot cars? Mind you Woody2 could not spot Freddie Mercury was gay.

how did you know before it broke in the papers? rolleyes.gif

has your willy fallen off yet?

Cars fault

but only if he didn't have passenger/s eh J2 otherwise he should have been on a bike as welllaugh.png

That video is not from the IOM, so not a good example, if he was driving from Onchan to Douglas then yes he should have walked, got a bus or cycled.