Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Triad

Ben grounded

its really fucking windy and its a big high fucking boat, shit happens. what is it some folks think will be any different with another shipping company?

2 boats hit the pier in less than a year, come on now, have you heard of it happening any where else on the British isles or ireland?

Edited by yee haa yessir!

The above two posters Dilli don't know what they are talking about so it isn't an ideal starting point.

Here's captain bird's-eye, wise up! If an aircraft comes in to land in a cross wind and finds it dangerous, what does the pilot do?

• Like 1

its really fucking windy and its a big high fucking boat, shit happens. what is it some folks think will be any different with another shipping company?

2 boat hit the pier in less than a year, come on now, have you heard of it happening any where else on the British isles or ireland?

pretty sure this wont be on the front page of the times so i would know as much about other incidents as people afar will know about this

What is the feature on the KEVIII pier which rips the Ben's deck railing off? It looks like a sticking out roadway on the videos. Hopefully high level damage is easier to repair than anything near the water-line.

Was that fuel or ballast/hydrant water gushing over the deck?

I don't think our harbour suits high sided boats docking in the wind, it seems an awkward maneuver at the best of times?

We have had collisions occur for years before the internet, we'd have all had to rush down to the Dog's Home to moan about it in those days though.

Looking at those videos I can see why we have never had clear footage of a UFO or Big Foot.

• Like 1

These incidents have the potential to cause serious injury, especially IF you have older people up and about heading to crowded stairwells queing for car decks etc. Luckily this one didn't produce a sudden stop.

• Like 3

The above two posters Dilli don't know what they are talking about so it isn't an ideal starting point.

Here's captain bird's-eye, wise up! If an aircraft comes in to land in a cross wind and finds it dangerous, what does the pilot do?

Crashing a plame and a boat catching the side are not really good comparable?

And you don't hear much about this sort of thing elsewhere because we don't give a fuck about a ferry in Dover clipping something and it won't make national news. Like this won't.

• Like 2

Googling it it looks like dover ferries that hit piers does make the BBC, and is rare

Didn't a boat (lady of Mann?) imprint the 3 legs into the pier at one point?

Yes the captain was drunk I believe

eta or was that on the little seacat

Edited by Ham_N_Eggs

Crashing a plame and a boat catching the side are not really good comparable?

And you don't hear much about this sort of thing elsewhere because we don't give a fuck about a ferry in Dover clipping something and it won't make national news. Like this won't.

With a reply like that just goes to show how big of a tit you really are! Your the one who hasn't a clue what your talking about yessir, not me! Now away and take your mouth for a wash

I've just Googled ferry indicents for several different years. You only see news items where people are injured.

These sort of minor incidents probably happen quite regularly all around the world. It's no big deal.

Edited by notwell
  • Like 2

Googling it it looks like dover ferries that hit piers does make the BBC, and is rare

Notwell will tell you different I'm sure! My point is that, there could have been a disaster tonite, thankfully there wasn't, that berthing should have been aborted if you ask me