Four simple media lessons for Onchan MHKs

Boo Gay'n

I care about the bigger picture.

Taxes are being used for far more concerning things than media training for what amounts to peanuts.

If you can't see that then your input in forum debate is er......questionable.Taxes are

So you know how much the media training was? please share

Use your common sense.

Thought not, you're just a contradictory timewaster

Edited by The Duck of Atholl

Bit odd don't you think that Jason Roberts didn't mention that the story on Rob Callister was for 3FM, which he is currently working for!

Surely it's important for the journalist to be transparent as well. Was Mr Roberts the one chasing Mr Callister? Think that changes the whole direction of the blog.

Sounds like Roberts was looking for the government media training gig now he is only freelancing around the local media.

Leave Jason Roberts alone he sat though a whole load of slow talking american shit and is the absolute best person ever for social media consultancy,just ask his mate stu peters who also holds social media excellency, yes they look like father and elderly son but they are totally up with modern stuff.

Says the person who lives on Manx Forums

You need to get out more.........

What's wrong with Manx Forums Rob?

Nothing at all, I enjoy reading the comments and responding where possible
Let's see if you still enjoy your job now I've lost mine!

Yin & Yang - sorry to hear that,

I was made redundant in 2013, which was a horrible time.

If there is everything I can do to help, just drop me an email (rob.callister@gov.im)

If he is working for 3FM he should have made that clear!

Anyone who was in Tynwald a few months ago and witnessed Jason Roberts have a total meltdown on the phone will know he's not 100% at the moment.

The speaker had to halt proceeding as he could be heard throughout the chamber, and the Manx Radio commentary box is meant to be sound proofed! From all accounts he totally lost it because he wanted to go and play with his band and not stay on for half an hour to the end of business.

It sounds like he has his own agenda which is not everyones cup of tea if you work with him.

The 'Nations Station' where not that sad or surprised to see him go I hear.

I'm sure we will now get a blog about this! lol

Not strictly true.

That is unless you are able to determine the cost of the course you attended or too inept to realise if you paid for it yourself .

You have failed to respond to a few of my enquiries , if memory serves perhaps because you don't know or you are too busy trying to enhance your 'reputation' with the gullible electorate .

My comments may seem a tad harsh but I believe in being honest.

Hope this helps.flowers.gif

If he is working for 3FM he should have made that clear!

Anyone who was in Tynwald a few months ago and witnessed Jason Roberts have a total meltdown on the phone will know he's not 100% at the moment.

The speaker had to halt proceeding as he could be heard throughout the chamber, and the Manx Radio commentary box is meant to be sound proofed! From all accounts he totally lost it because he wanted to go and play with his band and not stay on for half an hour to the end of business.

It sounds like he has his own agenda which is not everyones cup of tea if you work with him.

The 'Nations Station' where not that sad or surprised to see him go I hear.

I'm sure we will now get a blog about this! lol

i'm being a bit pedantic but i am interested, was it the presîdeñt ẃho halted proceedings, or was it tĥe hôuse of keys in session, or by speaker do you mean whoever was speaking at the time?

Not strictly true.

That is unless you are able to determine the cost of the course you attended or too inept to realise if you paid for it yourself .

You have failed to respond to a few of my enquiries , if memory serves perhaps because you don't know or you are too busy trying to enhance your 'reputation' with the gullible electorate .

Hope this helps.:flowers:

Passat

I said I am happy to respond where possible

The media training course was arranged by DED and the course is normally only available to CEO's and Government Ministers.

So I am very grateful that I was given an opportunity to attend the course with Mr. Hooper and Mr. Perkins.

Personally the course should be made available to all new MHK's

Not strictly true.

Hope this helps.flowers.gif

Passat

I said I am happy to respond where possible

The media training course was arranged by DED and the course is normally only available to CEO's and Government Ministers.

So I am very grateful that I was given an opportunity to attend the course with Mr. Hooper and Mr. Perkins.

Personally the course should be made available to all new MHK's

Why was this training only made available to you three and not the other new MHK's ?