Jump to content

£1M of Taxpayers money to the Syrian Refugees


Manx Bean
 Share

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

It’s surely a sign of things going wrong when the name  Mohammad moves into the UK top ten names for boys...

It's number one if all the different spellings are accounted for. The only thing its a sign of is that their parents lack originality - like everyone naming their children William or George. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

It's number one if all the different spellings are accounted for. The only thing its a sign of is that their parents lack originality - like everyone naming their children William or George. 

No it's not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

I have two thoughts on this, entirely personal as ever and no doubt unpopular with the chattering liberal classes:

1. Charity begins at home. Not one penny should be sent off-island while people here suffer any hardship that government could reasonably be expected to ameliorate. This clearly does not apply to the workshy or feckless.

2. Islam is inconsistent with the Western way of life and should only not be encouraged in the name of multi-culturalism, it should be actively resisted. Mass migration won't affect me, but I fear that my children and grandchildren will grow up in a fundamentalist caliphate that will engulf then destroy from within thousands of years of evolution and culture.

 

11 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Could be 25 new listeners Stu; and if they can’t speak English they’ll be able to listen to all those ads and jingles all day without wanting to kill themselves :lol: 

 

11 hours ago, Neil Down said:

It’s surely a sign of things going wrong when the name  Muhammad moves into the UK top ten names for boys...

:rolleyes:

even the #snowflakes are starting to notice......

:lol:

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Read a lovely heartfelt article from one of the women involved in this plea to import a load of people from Syria. However she seems to think you can cherry pick the refugees you want, rather like a Pick n Mix of unfortunate displaced people. She'd like to take a butcher, a baker and a candlestick maker thank you very much.

However the Syrian representative to the UN has made a heartfelt plea too, to the qualified Syrian middle classes to return home and help rebuild the country again. If our well meaning local mouthpieces really had the best interests of Syria at heart shouldn't they be trying to find ways to help rebuild that country again, not build small pieces of Syria in far flung lands.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Lxxx said:

Read a lovely heartfelt article from one of the women involved in this plea to import a load of people from Syria. However she seems to think you can cherry pick the refugees you want, rather like a Pick n Mix of unfortunate displaced people. She'd like to take a butcher, a baker and a candlestick maker thank you very much.

However the Syrian representative to the UN has made a heartfelt plea too, to the qualified Syrian middle classes to return home and help rebuild the country again. If our well meaning local mouthpieces really had the best interests of Syria at heart shouldn't they be trying to find ways to help rebuild that country again, not build small pieces of Syria in far flung lands.

It's common sense Lxxx but it doesn't sit well with their agendas

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Neil Down said:

It's common sense Lxxx but it doesn't sit well with their agendas

The Third Sector is a great career move for any graduates coming out of education now. It's the new public sector. Awash with money, jobs for life if you don't mind jumping around for a different just cause every now and then and you get to exist in a cosy echo chamber every day, full of people who'll tell you you're right and it's the rest of the world who needs to change.

More than 5,000 new charities in the UK every year, to add to all the NGO's, quangos and other pop up organisations that can spot a niche. Get on board the new gravy train. Next stop La La Land. 

  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Too right it does not they would not get the attention seeking they want.    If they were truly charitable people they would be trying to give shelter to the injured, the poorest of the poor not bang on about the professional people we could give a place to live.   The Syrian government is right, these people, doctors, nurses etc are needed to rebuild their country.   After world war 2 the British had it hard they had cities that were bombed and destructed but they stuck in and rebuilt.  The Isle of Man felt the pain with the loss of life in the war but we did not have to cope with civilians being killed in bombing raids.  The only way to change a country and rebuild it is from within, it is hard but not impossible it is when outside influences interfere it gets messy.   Outside influences have stirred the pot in the Middle East too many times with dreadful consequences.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...