£1M of Taxpayers money to the Syrian Refugees

Manx Bean

i'm none of those tags whatever they are. i don't identify with being left or right. it's just so others can categorize you and dismiss anything you say because you have been categorized as whatever even though on this occasion you may be making sense. we should all stop doing this to each other, it's how views become polarized.

anyway, the UN is a NWO conspiracy. they are gangsters

Edited by the stinking enigma
  • Like 2

Hey I thought the war in Syria was over.

Give them feck all if the millions that have fled JUST ANOTHER ARAB WAR had stood and fought it would have all been over by Christmas..

Last Christmas or the one before...

What about the gazillion "refugees" in all other alleged conflicts around the World...

Do we let 24 in here and 2024 from the Ivory Coast next year..

That Phil Craine the professional crybaby can take his £150 000 salary and take the next boat in the morning..

• Like 3

This pathetic effort will come from our existing Overseas Development Aid budget.

It doesn't disguise the fact that the island is giving less than .07% of its income whereas the UN recommends .7% of GDP.

There was a campaign to increase the amount but it seems to have gone quiet after the initial launch.

Let's see what is in the Budget later this month.

No extra money.

A mealy mouthed sham.

Should have given refuge to a couple of dozen over the next few years as having made the effort to get all this way they would no doubt have worked, paid taxes, and contributed to our society. That's what the vast majority of refugees who get off their arse to make the effort, do.

They would have been a benefit.

As it is Government has been scared to upset the winging masses who are scared of foreigners - and that includes several MHK's - who have no moral compass.

Don't confuse GDP/GNI with income. The bulk of our GDP/GNI is down to relatively few companies that generally don't pay tax on it either. IOM government claims related to growth figures based on GDP/GNI are bogus at best.

Hardly comparable with the likes of the UK.

It also includes all government salaries and other expenditure of course, so no wonder its so healthy.

No extra money.

A mealy mouthed sham.

Should have given refuge to a couple of dozen over the next few years as having made the effort to get all this way they would no doubt have worked, paid taxes, and contributed to our society. That's what the vast majority of refugees who get off their arse to make an effort do!

All the articles I've read say different,are you related to Lilly Allen by any chance?

• Like 1

No extra money.

A mealy mouthed sham.

Should have given refuge to a couple of dozen over the next few years as having made the effort to get all this way they would no doubt have worked, paid taxes, and contributed to our society. That's what the vast majority of refugees who get off their arse to make the effort, do.

They would have been a benefit.

As it is Government has been scared to upset the winging masses who are scared of foreigners - and that includes several MHK's - who have no moral compass.

I am scared of foreigners , I am scared of the hordes of young men who have poured into Germany and other northern european nations and who have caused huge social problems some of which are not reported and suppressed by the lefty liberal press. As a small island we could not cope with even a very small amount of problems of that nature !

However, I am not scared about decent families, you know wives children etc who are genuine refugees from war, but until there is a foolproof way of sorting those who would integrate,work and become part of the local population then you are damn right we should keep them out ! Trashing Western countries in the misguided notion that this will somehow help trashed middle eastern countries is a nonsense and the results of actions of this nature are severe at the ballot box where very right wing politicians are swinging the political pendulum very much to the right to the possible detriment of all !

I am neither racist nor uncaring, but governments have a duty to their own people too, and importing problems which are largely not able to be solved should not be on the agenda !

If giving the cash helps the ones who are the real displaced and suffering then fine we should contribute but we should also recognise that a small offshore island like ours is not a suitable place to try an integration experiment for peoples with vastly different cultures !

Edited by asitis
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...