Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
asitis

Interesting at the airport !

@craggy It's not the size of the aircraft, it's the interaction between the ticketing agent and the AOC in this business model that causes concerns.

• Like 3

I sympathise with people who are inconvenienced and who might lose money.

I hope we will now see an end to the 'virtual airline' model that Manx2 & Citywing used. Far better to have a licensed and directly regulated airline operating on sustainable routes than to have this deceptive layer-cake setup.

• Like 1

"THE CAA WILL ADVISE HOW TO GET A REFUND"

Another example of citywing not giving a toss about the travelling public.

Where is travel watch when you need them?

I'll just be contacting the bank.

Citywing are a travel agent. I would expect their liquidation to be outside the remit of the CAA.

It's not an airline.

• Like 2

People will need to contact the liquidator to get refunds

Wouldn't most passengers likely have paid with a credit card? In which case their credit card company will likely have them covered.

I think that most people these days know not to use debit cards remotely.

This Is Money

What if I booked my flights directly from the airline?

If you paid by credit card, then you are in the clear: you are covered by the Consumer Credit Act, as long as the purchase is over £100. If you paid by debit card, then you are in murky waters.

Edited by pongo

They aren't an airline

They are a travel agent

All the airlines they use haven't gone into liquidation

Are you on a mission to make this seem worse than it is Ifc84?

Most credit card companies will have their customers covered either way. Long story short -credit card customers are likely fine.

Which

To be eligible, you need to have paid more than £100 for your flights or holiday, and used your credit card to book direct with the tour operator or airline - usually this means it needs to be either the airline or holiday company listed on your credit card bill.

But, some credit card companies will give a refund even if you've paid via a travel agent and it's the agent's name listed on your credit card bill.

• Like 3

Not so sure about credit card refunds. Citywing (like Manx2) would have been exempt from ATOL membership because they sold tickets for aircraft with fewer than 19 seats. I sincerely hope ;that doesn't prove to be a stumbling block.

Interesting that after the Van Air suspension, the services were operated by aircraft with more than 19 seats, though. I am not sure how that squared with Citywing's ATOlL exemption.

Not so sure about credit card refunds. Citywing (like Manx2) would have been exempt from ATOL membership because they sold tickets for aircraft with fewer than 19 seats. I sincerely hope ;that doesn't prove to be a stumbling block.

Interesting that after the Van Air suspension, the services were operated by aircraft with more than 19 seats, though. I am not sure how that squared with Citywing's ATOlL exemption.

It wouldn't matter if you were flying on a roll of linoleum. If you paid by credit card and it's over £100, you're covered.