Trash imports

My parents had a hotel on Queens Prom in the 50's and 60's and my childhood memories include a lot of drunken violence - mainly by lads from Lancashire and Scotland. Worst was when my Dad got slashed in the face with a flicknife during Glasgow week. It all sounds pretty mild to me these days!

Well, yes. But al least we knew they would spend their money and bugger off at the end of the week. No such certainties now.

But I thought you said the 50's/60's were some picture post card, idyllic time when all men were gents and crime was almost unheard of?

For the most part, yes. Glasgow week would always be a "special" time.

For the most part, yes. Glasgow week would always be a "special" time.

Would you say that Glasgow week was the only time this sort of thing happened?

Of course not. There was always the odd alcohol fuelled brawl even among the locals. The reason that there is little tourist inspired trouble now is that there are no tourists young enough to raise a fist and not because of a new dawn for law and order.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

They won't get deported or banned.

Mateus Adam Wlochynski - Parents live here, was brought up here for the past while

Edmondo Cataroja Mannis - Dirty perv who will have lost his job now and may have to leave by himself

The only people I can remember being banned from the island in recent years have been some visiting English people.