Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
rmanx

Using your real name

Using real names on MF  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think the more MHKs who are prepared to post on here anonymously the better.

Yup this thread has run its course.

Just like most threads end in angry Trump or Brexit rantings by Lxxx, Woolley, Quilp, Tarne, Woody2 or Notwell.

This one starts off as a poll on would you use your real name on here and ends in a protracted Trump diatribe by a bunch of mongoloids.

Give it a rest.

Give what a rest? You all clearly have the same stupid views about Brexit and Donald Trump.

That's all I said.

But that's just it. There are many posters who post alternate views about a range of topics and for a variety of reasons, but just because some of them don't conform to yours, rmanx's etc.. they all get lumped in the same bracket like 'You all have the same stupid views about Brexit and Trump.'

You unfortunately don't read the details you just stick to the narrative.

• Like 2

Just like most threads end in angry Trump or Brexit rantings by Lxxx, Woolley, Quilp, Tarne, Woody2 or Notwell.

This one starts off as a poll on would you use your real name on here and ends in a protracted Trump diatribe by a bunch of mongoloids.

Give it a rest.

Give what a rest? You all clearly have the same stupid views about Brexit and Donald Trump.

That's all I said.

But that's just it. There are many posters who post alternate views about a range of topics and for a variety of reasons, but just because some of them don't conform to yours, rmanx's etc.. they all get lumped in the same bracket like 'You all have the same stupid views about Brexit and Trump.'

You mean the liberal use of the term "liberals" being used as a catch all?

Give it a rest.

That's all I said.

You mean the liberal use of the term "liberals" being used as a catch all?

Both perceived 'sides' of any discussion get involved in the ding dong nature on here. It's all started to get a bit pathetic really. These boards used to be about expressing all kinds of views but since Brexit and Trump it's become divisive when it really needn't. All posters have interesting things to say on a range of topics but it now reverts to a base of what your views are on the two topics and everything else is discarded.

I personally couldn't give a shit whether people voted leave or remain for example but for some people it's the only issue.

Edited by Lxxx

Both perceived 'sides' of any discussion get involved in the ding dong nature on here. It's all started to get a bit pathetic really. These boards used to be about expressing all kinds of views but since Brexit and Trump it's become divisive when it really needn't. All posters have interesting things to say on a range of topics but it now reverts to a base of what your views are on the two topics and everything else is discarded.

I personally couldn't give a shit whether people voted leave or remain for example but for some people it's the only issue.

that's exactly what a Bernie Sanders supporter would say

• Like 2

It doesn't matter to me if people want to use their real name. I care about and know Bobby Bobster just the same as I care about and know someone using his real name Mervin Bogshuttle... i.e. not at all.

I do think if you are an elected politician though, you should use your real name. Unless of course you are genuinely whistleblowing...and not just shit stirring.

Some right nutcases have appeared on MF in the last 2-3 years. I wouldn't trust some of them not to track someone down.

• Like 3

Some right nutcases have appeared on MF in the last 2-3 years.

I take exception to your insult.

• Like 1

Some right nutcases have appeared on MF in the last 2-3 years. I wouldn't trust some of them not to track someone down.

Gratuitous dig aside, you do have a point here.

Gratuitous dig aside, you do have a point here.

Especially censorship who is a complete mentalist convinced that posters are paying them visits in real life and sending round the heavies. Total nut job. I think MF would be spoilt if people used their real names. People are free to if they want to but I think if MHKs or whoever wanted to post what they like on here that's a good thing not a bad thing.

Edited by JackCarter

Remember Tame Elf. Using your real name results in you selling out and belonging to the state. You are no longer free. It doesn't matter to me. When I joined, a long, long, time ago, I hid behind a user name. I responded to a couple of topics on legal points and was identified. So I came out on here.

Most MHKs (and failed candidates) already post on here and some of them under multiple logins so not sure what you're on about.

That was in response to JackCarter.

Edited by llap

Most MHKs (and failed candidates) already post on here and some of them under multiple logins so not sure what you're on about.

And long may that continue. I was endorsing it. The ones that get me are people like Callister who use here as yet another self adulation and publicity platform in their own self love campaign. I'd much rather hear their sock puppet say whatever they really believe without any of the baggage or personal bounce back.

And long may that continue. I was endorsing it. The ones that get me are people like Callister who use here as yet another self adulation and publicity platform in their own self love campaign. I'd much rather hear their sock puppet say whatever they really believe without any of the baggage or personal bounce back.

The ones that get me are ones like you who use it as a platform to smear mud at your political rivals such as Rob. Grow up, nobody is falling for it.

The ones that get me are ones like you who use it as a platform to smear mud at your political rivals such as Rob. Grow up, nobody is falling for it.

Oh dear you still think I'm Quirkio? What a complete knobber you are TJ.