Liverpool Airport DHSC Taxi Service

whats wrong with taking the bus? or even better let them pay themselves......

Hope you don't have to use the service on a regular basis with some serious health issues.

i have privatethumbsup.gif

And your private policy covers flights off island and airport transfers, should they be required? I doubt it!

To be fair some do cover travel

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There should be celebration of what we have with this service not shallow trifling about the cab company. Bound to be some teething problems and Bridgewater had plenty of time to tailor its service. E

Nothing to worry about Teapot, you'll be in good hands and will be met at the airport. The plane might be full of similar patients with appointments. The driver will arrange your pick-up with you as w

Rather than signing a petition, why don't those protesting just refuse the 'free' travel and support Bridgewater by booking their journey directly with them.   After all, some things are more import

Posted Images

Ever try sitting on a bus after major surgery? If we were able to have the job done at the Hospital up the road we would have paid for transport. Not my fault they have to ship you away. BTW hope you never have the misfortune to travel to the adjacent Island for treatment you may get a shock.

i would question the clinical competence of releasing someone after major surgery if they are not fit for travel

would you be happy if transport was by ambulance?

Hope you don't have to use the service on a regular basis with some serious health issues.

i have privatethumbsup.gif

And your private policy covers flights off island and airport transfers, should they be required? I doubt it!

yes it does, spent far too many years on the road not to have proper cover

Just sign it unless your a heartless, spineless, uncaring person.........or the member of the DHSS responsible for the outrageous decision.

https://www.change.org/p/isle-of-man-government-tynwald-bridgewater-taxis-to-keep-their-contract-for-patient-transfers?recruiter=17174204&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

Childish thinking.

Just sign it unless your a heartless, spineless, uncaring person.........or the member of the DHSS responsible for the outrageous decision.

https://www.change.org/p/isle-of-man-government-tynwald-bridgewater-taxis-to-keep-their-contract-for-patient-transfers?recruiter=17174204&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

Sorry, but what is outrageous about it?

It's a fucking taxi service.whatever.gif

• Like 2

There are no sacred cows but there appear to be sacred taxis and probably sacred horse trams.

A legitimate procurement process was undertaken and another company came in cheaper. I can't see the issue here. Thousands will now be wasted with meetings enquiries and reviews on this. Some people need a reality check

• Like 4

It's difficult to make a sensible judgement without the salient facts

Did Bridgewater think they were untouchable and try to jack up their price by 20% or something? If so, maybe they deserve to lose the contract

Or did they price reasonably and were undercut by a couple of thousand? If so, their known level of service should be enough for them to be retained.

Or was it somewhere in between?

Is that information likely to become public knowledge?

• Like 1

IT isn't a complicated process. A contract comes up for renewal. A procurement process is undertaken. A weighting is given to price and quality. This is a taxi service so I would presume it was weighted very heavily in terms of price. Someone comes in cheaper and gets the gig.

It is just a transport service to and from the hospital. It shouldn't be dressed up as anything else. There is no point whingeing about Government spending if people aren't prepared to make a saving on services like this.

• Like 4

Last Thursday I travelled to Liverpool Heart & Chest Hospital for what turned out to be my final consultation for a procedure carried out this time last year. As with previous visits I paid the travel expenses myself. I could have asked DHSC arrange and pay for that but I can afford it, so there was one less expense for the DHSC to cover. It cost me a total of £4.40 (return) on the public service bus

However, what astounded me was the fact that I recognised two able-bodied couples; one, a partner in a local accountancy firm and their spouse and the second a high ranking cyril's servant and (presumably) spouse. Both sets of couples joined other patients at the taxi/transport rendezvous point in LPL airport for onward travel to LH&CH (I know that because I saw both couples at the Hospital).

I know it's none of my business but am I wrong in thinking that both of these people could have paid for their own travel? May be they did, I don't know. But the question should be asked, does DHSC make any effort to wean some folk off the dependence of services like travel? If not then perhaps the question should be asked.... "can you afford to pay at least part of the travel expenses?".

As I say, perhaps I'm wrong.

• Like 5

Reading the comments it seems that a lot of people are shouting before they have been hurt. I went away for knee surgery and paid for the transport myself. Government paid for transport should be for the absolute emergencies and nothing else.

• Like 2