Ramsey Courthouse For Sale

17 minutes ago, pongo said:

Method - ism is a very weird thing for people to get involved with.

Catholicism and High Church Anglicanism I get. And Judaism obviously on which that is all based. Because that's all essentially about metaphor.

But Method - ists actually seem to be supposed to simplistically believe the metaphors as if they were anecdotes. It's very odd. Like treating jokes as a reportage.

Is it all just bollocks though. I think it is.

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not quite.   Northern Courts were held in church halls and all sorts of odd places.   A new court was being built in Douglas by the Duke of Atholl as Governor out of revenues belonging to the Cr

The hall was full and the general impression given was that there are other options, but initially lets not be provocative and see how it plays out before plans are put into play.   Then members of

No .Bloody hell .No!The principle of a war memorial is not to remember the wars - or glorify any war - or our glorious leaders on horse back in bronze but it is to remind us that people died, mostl

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Is it all just bollocks though. I think it is.

No it's not bollocks. But nor should you take it literally. That's how metaphor works.

Edited by pongo
1 minute ago, pongo said:

No it's not bollocks. But nor should you take it literally. That's how metaphor works.

Never did understand it tbh. Went to Methodist Sunday school until about 13 yo. Discovered alcohol a few years later and was in pubs at 15 yo. I very much admire religious people, including family members, but never actually understood it. 
I love music from many genres, but some of my favourite tunes are Hymns. I have to just accept that it just over my head.

1 hour ago, the stinking enigma said:

They're all pissheads on the quiet anyway. There's Methodist preachers in my line of family. Pissheads to a man.

Jesis made wine. And did tricks.

• Like 1
On 3/7/2017 at 12:11 PM, notwell said:

It will be interesting to see what it eventually gets used for.

My money is on religious money buying itthumbsup.gifw00t.gif

For Dorricott or the Living Hope Sewer Baptist’s - they’ve gone quiet recently - I would have thought a Pandemic & job losses would have been peak cult recruitment time

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

For Dorricott or the Living Hope Sewer Baptist’s - they’ve gone quiet recently - I would have thought a Pandemic & job losses would have been peak cult recruitment time

They are not  religious. They are a cult. Yes , with an “l”. 

Edited by dilligaf
  • Like 2
10 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Who, in their right mind, apart from you, would try to turn a Methodist church , you know the ones who don’t drink and are very anti drinking, into a effing distillery ? How insulting to the church. Sometimes I can not believe what you post.

Do you not think that question was broached at a very early stage with the church? 

Sometimes I can not believe that you can not believe that people aren’t capable of carrying out a line of diligent inquiry.

5 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

Do you not think that question was broached at a very early stage with the church? 

Sometimes I can not believe that you can not believe that people aren’t capable of carrying out a line of diligent inquiry.

I would not have asked at all. I would dream of trying to turn any church into a brewery or distillery. I have more respect.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, dilligaf said:

I would not have asked at all. I would dream of trying to turn any church into a brewery or distillery. I have more respect.

Ever had a drink at Bar George? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5