Ramsey Courthouse For Sale

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not quite.   Northern Courts were held in church halls and all sorts of odd places.   A new court was being built in Douglas by the Duke of Atholl as Governor out of revenues belonging to the Cr

The hall was full and the general impression given was that there are other options, but initially lets not be provocative and see how it plays out before plans are put into play.   Then members of

No .Bloody hell .No!The principle of a war memorial is not to remember the wars - or glorify any war - or our glorious leaders on horse back in bronze but it is to remind us that people died, mostl

Posted Images

Fair enough. But if we let the proximity to scenes of past horrors put us off our drink there'd be no pubs on the TT course.

Edited by Declan
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, Roxanne said:

Ever had a drink at Bar George? 

Good call, but that was only a hall, not a place of worship, so very different. Rarely go there ( maybe 3 times ever) as the place gives me the creeps remembering its harrowing past.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, dilligaf said:

I would not have asked at all. I would dream of trying to turn any church into a brewery or distillery. I have more respect.

They weren’t arsed. They were quite forward thinking, realizing their congregations were shrinking and cutting their cloth accordingly. A play book the Isle of Man Government could well do with having a read of.

They are changing with the times, and will survive. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

They weren’t arsed. They were quite forward thinking, realizing their congregations were shrinking and cutting their cloth accordingly. A play book the Isle of Man Government could well do with having a read of.

They are changing with the times, and will survive. 

Derek. I keep having to point out that you are very quick to criticise Gov. for it’s size, yet you were very quick to take another Gov. job when you were retired out of the Police . I know you did not stay in that job long, but the point is, you jumped in quick to get another bite of the Government’s cherry. Then you are back attacking Gov. again.

• Confused 1
8 hours ago, dilligaf said:

I would not have asked at all. I would dream of trying to turn any church into a brewery or distillery. I have more respect.

Respect is reciprocal Dilli - The LHC held services at the Cat with no Tail and the Palace therefore turning a hostelry into a Church.....

A couple of years ago I saw a "rehabilitated" convicted spouse boxing champ stood on the pavement outside The Cat as they did their wish thinking and cash harvesting in the beer garden due to his licensed premises ban.... ( he is not a likeable rogue either).

22 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Sorry what have I posted now? You seem to be starting early tonight. 

You posted a “confused” emoji on my reply to Derek. Sorry to disappoint you thinking I was on a rant. Next time then eh ?

22 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Respect is reciprocal Dilli - The LHC held services at the Cat with no Tail and the Palace therefore turning a hostelry into a Church.....

A couple of years ago I saw a "rehabilitated" convicted spouse boxing champ stood on the pavement outside The Cat as they did their wish thinking and cash harvesting in the beer garden due to his licensed premises ban.... ( he is not a likeable rogue either).

Whatever floats your boat.

edit to add that living hope is not a church or even a religion. Cult.

Edited by dilligaf