Ramsey Courthouse For Sale

Douglas Prom

21 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

I note from P12 of today's combined Examiner/Indy that Ramsey Commissioners are still pursuing their aim of Town Boundary extension into Lezayre and Garff.

The quoted reasons are that the extension is part of the same community, the proposed new development is an overspill of the existing boundary, there is community interest in public and social services, where possible, clear physical boundaries are followed, there is insufficient development space within the existing boundary and the "balance of advantage lies with acceptance of the scheme".

I suspect residents and Boards of Lezayre and Garff may not agree with much of that. Nor do I as a Ramsey resident.

A classic example of a reverse engineered decision. State what we want to do then make the ‘facts’ fit.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

A classic example of a reverse engineered decision. State what we want to do then make the ‘facts’ fit.

Bears all the hallmarks of one or two people in Ramsey Town Hall.

Unless I'm wrong, they're actually opposing this development too. So in essence, they want to extend the town boundary to encompass a development that they're opposing. But it's not about rates income, oh no....

More policy-led evidence...

Edited by Non-Believer
extra bit
  • Like 1

Ramsey Commissioners - like Quayle & his CoMinDara chums - have to learn that the 21st century architectural imperative is to build upwards not outwards

There is no longer freedom to cover the green countryside with concrete at will

In Ramsey they were actually early pioneers of this, which they seem to forget

• Like 1